Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700

White screen of death!!!

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I am having an intermittent problem with the BB 9700.  I had an older operating system and had a white screen of death, then upgraded it to version :

smartphone (3G, Wi-If)

6.0 Bundle 2534 (v6.0.0.570, Platform 6.6.0.212)

The white screen of death still happens, only more frequently.  On looking through KBs, I got this very unhelpful link:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB30280&sliceId=2&cm...

...which indicates that I should contact Tech support. My BB can actually be reset by pressing the bottom right corner of the screen with the P button and the screen lock function button at the top left of the phone.  After some fiddling, it works to reset it.  However the white screen returns and this to me seems to be more a software problem with the handset. but ofcourse no option but to buy another handset since my contract has expired with T mobile. 

Before I go to switch to HTC or even an iphone, I wanted to know if anyone had a permanent fix, or whether BB would provide a SW update or fix to this issue, or even a number to call them on...

Please can any of you help at all?

Would appreciate the help!

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700

Re: White screen of death - occasional issue

By the way, I am seeing posts related to 'touching the screen' when this happens. That does not happen with my handset.  This has happened a few times whilst taking out the phone from its holder and also when I connected to blue tooth.  This is definately a SW problem, not hardware.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Re: White screen of death!!!

I had exactly the same problem but didnt have an upgrade to do, I got a new battery which worked a treat. The phone just couldnt cope with so much at once so it just failed and went white where nothing could be done about it. You can get batteries quite cheap these days, I got mine for £5 in the middle of a shopping center.

Visitor
My Device: Blod 9700
My Carrier: Digicel

Re: White screen of death!!!

i really need some help i got a blackberry bold 9700 from a friend he said it only needed a scree and i bought the and now the only thing i can see is a white screen the scree virsion is 002