Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

Why does Desktop Manager keep deleting my App World icon?

I have noticed recently that when I hook my Bold to Desktop Manager, it wants to update core apps and when it does, it keeps getting rid of my App World icon.  Not sure why...???  Can anyone give me an idea as to why? Thank you.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Why does Desktop Manager keep deleting my App World icon?

Why do you keep updating?  if you'e updated then you should be good for a while.  Sometimes DM will say you need to update when you really don't.  I have no idea why it removes appworld, but it does.  The app is still there, but the icon is hidden.  Just reinstall it and it should be fine. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Re: Why does Desktop Manager keep deleting my App World icon?

Thanks for the info!  That is what I have been doing...reinstalling the app to get the icon.  I use DM most of the time to delete or re-add apps or data and it keeps wanting to update my core OS stuff.  Oh well, I guess I will just have to watch it and then maybe un-select the OS update.  Thanks again.