Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Why does my Blackberry Bold freeze when I dial the internet or google icons??!

I've got a Blackberry Bold 9800.

When I click on the internet or google icons, my mobile freezes up. This has only started happening today. I've tried rebooting it, and its fine to begin with and I can access all the other icons on it, but as soon as I attempt to go on the internet I can't go on anything. 

Please help as I can't afford a new phone :No:

Thank you xx

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Why does my Blackberry Bold freeze when I dial the internet or google icons??!

This is a problem that can happen to any Blackberry device where the device gets stuck and screen is frozen. There are two ways to fix this problem. You can soft reset your Blackberry by pressing Alt+Cap+Delete keys together.

If this technique does not solve the problem, you can perform hard reset. Find the Reset button on back the device (which can be near the bottom, under battery cover) and press the button with a pin etc. You do not lose any data using any of these methods. If them both fail then try a security wipe! Or think have you installed something new on your mobile that it started freezing just after? Could be running in back ground? Keep holding the blackberry key will let you know what's running in the back ground! "Hope this helps!!!"
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Why does my Blackberry Bold freeze when I dial the internet or google icons??!

Oh thank you sooo much for your help - I just pressed the alt+caps+delete and it worked  :Clap: 

I hadn't realised how often I used the internet on my phone till I couldn't access it!  I was even starting to worry I'd need to buy a new one, so you've saved me splashing out on another phone as well! 

Thanks again

Dona :heart: