Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
phuigenbos
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Why does my Bold 9900 delete emails shortly after I receive them?

[ Edited ]
I have linked my Rogers email to my smartphone.  When I receive an email through my smartphone, I am able to view it but when I go back into the messages folder a couple of minutes later it's no longer shown in the list.  Why is this happening?  I have only had the phone for 1 week. I want to be able to retain the emails until I delete them from my home computer or I manually delete them from the smartphone.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JohnPiz

Re: Why does my Bold 9900 delete emails shortly after I receive them?

Open your messages icons on your device and goto

options

Message display and actions

Uncheck Hide Filed Messages

phuigenbos

Thank you for replying.  I checked my settings and the "Hide Sent Messages" was not checked.  That doesn't appear to be the issue.  Should I not use the wireless reconciliation option? My smartphone email is the same email I use for home (personal) email through my desktop.  I would like them to reconcile but can do without.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

Refer:

• KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

The situation you describe normally happens with an email account that is, as per that KB, capable of deleted item reconciliation from the server to the BB. If there is another email client accessing this account (e.g., Outlook on your home computer) and that client is configured to remove messages from the email server when it downloads them, then BIS will dutifully reconcile that fact back to the BB -- from the perspective of BIS, the item was deleted, since BIS can only reconcile against your email server -- it cannot see that other PC-based email client.

To prevent this, you must configure Outlook (or whatever PC email client you are using) to leave messages on the server, with the option (if available) of deleting them from the server only when you delete them from within your Outlook client itself. This normally enables the ability to keep the BB properly synchronized with the Outlook client.

Depending on your PC email client, this may or may not even be possible:

• KB12283 How to leave or remove copies of email messages on the messaging server

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
phuigenbos

Thank you for replying.  I will attempt this and then confirm if it fixed the problem.

Please use plain text.