Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
pbkolsun
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Wi-Fi Setup on a Blackberry Bold

I am getting ready to purchase the blackberry bold...I am very excited about this purchase...but I do have one extremely technical question that no one at any of the ATT stores can answer for me.  I work in an environment where we have to Wi-Fi Access points and I can type in the WEP key when I set it up...however, my company uses the Key Index #2 so basically it uses the second of the four WEP keys that are created.  Is it possible to select which Key Index I would like to use or do I just have to wait for the 3G network to become available.  Any information about this would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Phillips

Regular Contributor
pyrex

Re: Wi-Fi Setup on a Blackberry Bold

[ Edited ]

Sure there is... lousy att reps.

1.) Select "Manage Connections" Icon on App home screen.

2.) Select "Wi-Fi Options"

3.) Select a "Saved Wi-Fi Profiles" using the track ball.

4.) Hit the app button and select "Edit"

5.) Under "Wi-Fi Profile" scroll down to "Select WEP key"

6.) Hit the app button, select "Change Option"

7.) Select 1 of 4 key index numbers then pull out and hit "Save" in the app menu.

After that, you should be good to go.

Message Edited by pyrex on 12-02-2008 12:47 AM
Contributor
pbkolsun

Re: Wi-Fi Setup on a Blackberry Bold

Amen to the Lousy ATT reps....but i did go into a store where i knew that they had wi-fi and i tested out your instructions and of course they worked like a charm.  Thanks so much for your help.  Of course i was in the store for close to 45 minutes and i was the only one in the store before anyone even said hi.  I had to glare them down to get them to come over and ask if i want any help. Anyways thanks again for the help.  This will make my Bold purchase that much worth while. 

PBKolsun