If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Regular Contributor
paulbrandreth
My Device: Bold 9780, Bold 9900, Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Wi-Fi keeps dropping

I have a Bold 9900 and my carrier is Rogers. The phone is about 6 months old. I use wifi and don't have a data plan, but my wifi keeps dropping. It is notjust at my house, but anywhere I access a wifi signal. It will drop the signal, pick it up again and continue to drop it. I have tried doing a battery pull but that did not work. My wife's BB Curve is having no problems, nor is my Playbook.   Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Wi-Fi keeps dropping

It's hard to say exactly what the problem might be so I'll go ahead and give you a couple of generic responses that could apply to many Wi-Fi issues.  Maybe we'll get lucky and one of them will kickstart your connection.

First off, from your homescreen go to Manage Connections>Wi-Fi Network>Saved Wi-Fi Networks.  Find the one to which you're trying to connect, highlight it with your cursor, press the menu key and select Delete.  Once it's been deleted, reboot your wireless router.  Once it's booted up again, scan for the network using your Manage Connections>Wi-Fi Network feature.  Connect once again and see if you have any better luck this time.

Let us know how that works out for you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.