Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
R-t-f
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Vodafone

Wi-fi radio is off

[ Edited ]
Hi, when i try connecting to wifi i get message that wi-fi radio is off. After many trials i did the blackberry device test and it showed that the test on the radio failed. If i connect to bb desktop,is there a way to download the wifi radio to device,incase it needs repairing or has been deleted by mistake. Or could i download it from bb web page somehow into device. I tried hard reset, my bb version is bundle 6 But the diagnostic test proved to me something is definitely missing for radio. Thank you
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Wi-fi radio is off

Hi R-t-f and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Do you get this message when you try enabling the Wi-Fi radio from within Manage Connections or when you try to connect to a Wi-Fi network?  Have you been able to connect to a Wi-Fi network in the past?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
R-t-f

Hi, thanks. Both, when i tick it in manage connections, or while trying to connect to wi-fi at home.. Yea i remember a few months ago i was able to do it. But could i have deleted it the radio by mistake!! To make more space in my memory, that is why i was wondering if thru desk top manager i could re download it to phone. And when i did the self test the radio test failed. Or should i revert my bold to an old update, or what is file name so i c if i have it in an old back up if they are kept on deskmanager. Thank you very much for u r care
Please use plain text.
Contributor
R-t-f

Re: Wi-fi radio is off Options a moment ago Hi, thanks. Both, when i tick it in manage connections, or while trying to connect to wi-fi at home.. Yea i remember a few months ago i was able to do it. But could i have deleted it the radio by mistake!! To make more space in my memory, that is why i was wondering if thru desk top manager i could re download it to phone. And when i did the self test the radio test failed. Or should i revert my bold to an old update, or what is file name so i c if i have it in an old back up if they are kept on deskmanager. Thank you very much for u r care
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I would suggest performing a backup of your BlackBerry® smartphone then reloading the software as shown in the article below:

KB11320 - How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop M...

or

KB19915 - How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBer...

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
R-t-f

Thank you will try it and tell you what happens. I appreciate your time.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
R-t-f

I havent been able to try yet. Sorry. But vodafone coverage in our area has been really bad this past week. Can i do it thru desktop manager only without phone connection to a network
Please use plain text.
Contributor
R-t-f

I havent been able to try yet. Sorry. But vodafone coverage in our area has been really bad this past week. Can i do it thru desktop manager only without phone connection to a network
Please use plain text.
Contributor
R-t-f

Hi, i tried all the instructions, but it did not work. Could restoring to factory setting do it? Thanks
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
craigashy
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Orange/EE. UK

Hi, You could try a security wipe after you back up the data, but if this fails, connect your Device to your PC & open Desktop Manager, then at the top of the page device and select update, then when it says there are no update avaliable, click view other versions. When the page comes up to tell you what's currently install. Click install and the OS will re-load onto device. After that set your device up and turn wifi on, then try and connecting to your home wifi or somewhere out and about. If this software re-load doesn't include you wifi. Radio. I could only think of one more thing before returning to your point of purchase, and that would be to use the swiss army knife to completely. Wipe the device, and doing a cleam re-load. If you can't find the solution I will talk you through this.
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Please use plain text.