Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Wi-fi will not turn on....please help!!

I still don't quite understand your description. You say the wifi can be checked but then you say it's greyed out when it should be white. The letters "wifi" would usually be black, not white. If you're able to add the "check" where is this red X coming in? Can you post a picture?

I've seen issues where the wifi can be checked but it soon disappears and the wifi radio never really turns on. Is that what is happening?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Angelicbeauty
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks for your patience John :smileyhappy:

I was trying to take a screen shot, which was a bi complicated, but this is what I've come up with. Here is a link to the screen shot. I hope it shows clear enough :/

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8329/8079118369_a132053da1_m.jpg

I'm able to put a check in the wifi box, but afterwards, the word "wifi" goes grey and the red "x" stays. Nothing happens.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

OK....I'm afraid it's probably not fixable. If you do a Google search for "blackberry wifi won't turn on" you'll find lots of threads about this problem. I've been through many of them and nobody has a solution. The wifi radio or antenna has probably failed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Angelicbeauty
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: T-Mobile

That's probably what wrong :smileysad:

Thanks for your help John.

Britt
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
entspannt
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same problem. WIFI is always grayed out, and turning it on leads to a message to turn on the wifi... that started when I updated the OS about a year ago, and yea, it's a 9000 and warranty is gone :-(

btw, the phone was originally sold via vodafone, who are known to deliberately **bleep** up services and functions in your bb  -

Please use plain text.