Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
jkuhn
My Device: Not Specified

WiFi BES Connection No Longer Works

My Bold is configured for BES to my Exchange server over both WiFi and AT&T.  I live in an area with poor cellular connection, so when at home I turn off the cellular radio and connect to my Exchange server via my home WiFi network, and this has been working flawlessly until recently. The WiFi network is an Apple Airport, secured by a preshared key. About a week ago email stopped working with WiFi; the only way I can send/receive email is via AT&T. WiFi on the Bold still works, as I can use the browser just fine; only email and (apparently) MMS is affected.  When I reconnect to AT&T they work again.

I have deleted the profile of my home WiFI and redone it a couple of times, to no effect.  Ditto removing the battery. There have been no changes to my WiFi network settings in the interim, and the rest of the devices on the network, such as a laptop that connects to the Exchange server via WiFi, are fine.

Any ideas? Many thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
whsbuss

Re: WiFi BES Connection No Longer Works

Try resending any service books. Then try this:

- options->advanced options->host routing table

- highlight Wifi[60], hit menu and select register now

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jkuhn

Re: WiFi BES Connection No Longer Works

Bingo, that worked!  Many thanks.  How does this stuff happen?
Please use plain text.