Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
BillyMumphrey
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: TELUS

WiFi connected but not working (greyed out)!! How do I fix this?

My TELUS BB Bold 9700 doesn't seem to be using the WiFi network anymore. When I first got it, I connected to my home network with no problems and it worked flawlessly (bright, black and white symbol in the top right corner of the home screen). Since then, without my making any changes to the phone, it doesn't not utilize the WiFi network, going straight to the 3G (greyed out WiFi icon on home screen). In options, it tells me that I am connected to the WiFi network, but there is no green checkmark beside it, only a white dash. How can I fix this?

I should let you know that I have an unlimited voice and data plan so that shouldn't be a concern. 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Office2Mobile
My Device: Curve 8320
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: WiFi connected but not working (greyed out)!! How do I fix this?

Billy,

Go back into Manage Connections and click on Set Up Wi-Fi Network, by the way you shold have check mark on this screen for Wi-Fi. Now re-set up your Wi-Fi network, i would suggest the manual route if you are knowledgeable on all the settings.

Hope this helps,

Office2Mobile
Poor Service and the Worst Support provided by VarDynamics http://vardynamics.com/
Please use plain text.
Visitor
aringshia
My Device: BB bold 9000
My Carrier: vodafone

[ Edited ]

Hi BillMumphrey,

I am having the same problem. Did you figure out how to get the Wifi working (wifi symbol lighted)?

Thanks

Aditya

Please use plain text.
sereenalawad
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: No one

Hey lsn am having a really serious wifi issue lastt night it was working just finee but my friend her phone was out of charge so she inserted her sim card with the service into my phone for like 5 min then after that i came back home i connected to the network but its not working how can i fixx this pleasee ?

it shows that it connected but the browser keeps saying unable to connect to a network 

and the whatsapp is not working either PLEASE help

Please use plain text.