Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Flywheel
My Device: Not Specified

Re: WiFi streaming does not work.

Scoops, thanx for your responce, and yes, i have tried on a computer to make sure the wireless router works. Have tried it on more than one wireless network and same thing. Also, as per other threads in the forums, u should know that others are experiencing the same problem, so this is a device or wireless network problem. Rogers says its a device problem. Can u at least confirm with me that RIMM is aware of this situation and if they are working on a fix through a new version, or are they Not...   Thanx for the Info.
Contributor
molebold9000
My Device: Bold 9000

I agree with Flywheel completely. FYI, this is NOT a network problem. I have tested this issue on a variety of U.K. public WiFi networks as well as home and office ones. I love my 9000 but still keep my jailbroken iPhone with me for a decent streaming capable mobile.... ;-)
New Contributor
Spazmogen
My Device: Bold 9000 (Rogers)

There was a firmware update for my D-Link DIR-625 just before Christmas.

I updated to 3.07 and THIS ISSUE IS SOLVED FOR ME.

I was turned off the 'radio' and only had WiFi on.  I was able to watch a 5 minute video on m.youtube.com and listened to 3 or 4 minutes of m.moodio.fm music as well.

for me, it was a ROUTER FIRMWARE issue.

marykybad

The story that Rogers or Blackberry as blocked the streaming video with the WiFi to make us use the 3g network and get more charges, is something that even now I still scratching my head, I'm using  the Gnet IP104G router and I can't view the streaming:robotmad:, but when I go  to my father in law house, I connet on is WiFi router that Bell sent him, I can see the streaming from the Wifi hotspot browser, I can watch all the youtube videos that I wish and I get no errors.  So now, do have to change a setting on my Wireless router? Cause I tried to play with all the options and I still get an error. I will contact Gentek to find out more, if it is the case, I'll buy I new certified WiFi router.
New Contributor
Spazmogen
My Device: Bold 9000 (Rogers)

Rogers IS NOT blocking streaming over WiFi.  They want to get you onto WiFi and not use their bandwidth.

Blackberry's data compression doesn't always play nice with streaming, but its not Rogers.

As I found out, my router's firmware was the issue.   I was able to surf just fine on WiFi at home, but it would not stream until I updated the firmware.

Trust me, I'd gone through darn near every possible setting I could in my Dlink router.  I was prepared to flash it backwards to get it to work.

I knew it was my router as I could stream just fine in hotel rooms and restaurants that had free/open WiFi.

Contributor
Flywheel

Thanx Spazmogen. I will check for a D-Link firmware update when I get a chance. I had already talked to Dlink and they said that everything was fine on there end, but if a update came down around christmas and you are working fine on Wifi, then I will phone them back.
MARKYBAD

With the IP104G GNET ROUTER once you login in the ADMINISTRATOR MAIN MENU go to Forwarding Rules, Miscellaneous.  In the Mischellaneous Items page you just need to enter the last 3 digits of you Blackeberry Bold IP, check mark the ENABLE and there you go. Now you can stream all the videos that your Smartphone can support.  I hope this will help.  :smileywink: 
robinbeaulieu07
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530

i can see that this fixed your problem but i had the same problem and that didnt work and i found how to fix mine so i just wanted to post it so everyone else can benefit of it.

my blackberry was streaming video fine on 3g network but when i connected to wifi it depended where i was, regular browsing always worked on wifi but streaming was hit and miss but mostly miss and when i went on the events on my router and i tried streaming youtube i got this event that came up for every packet sent so it was there id say at least 100 times but that is just estimated because i didn't count it :

RTSP ALG rejected packet from 208.49.199.174:5004 to XX.XXX.XXX.XXX:38912

and i found this info to fix the problem and it worked perfect for me:

Disabling the RTSP ALG successfully avoids this issue.

To do this:

1. Log into your configuration web pages
2. Click on Advanced - Firewall Settings (DIR-655) or Advanced - Firewall (DGL-4500)
3. UN-check the checkbox for RTSP
4. Click on Save Settings
5. If not prompted to reboot the router, then click on Tools - System and choose the "Reboot the Device" button.

Note: This change may adversely affect sites or streams that depend on RTSP. On such sites or streams, you may be able to use HTTP instead.

i know a lot of people are having problems with wifi streaming and there is not very much help on the issue from RIM (company that owns BlackBerry) so i thought i'll give what i know on the issue

Darkman042
My Device: Curve 9300

Thanks alot!  That worked on my Curve 9300!!! :smileyvery-happy: