Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

WiFi - won't work on Rogers with dlink router.

I have a new BB Bold on the Rogers network. My home router is a Dlink Dir655 with the latest firmware. I've tried everything that I've found on this forum to try and get my Bold's WiFi to work correctly but to no avail -- I simply cannot get the wifi icon to go from gray to solid white. 

I'm ready to give up on my Bold and exchange it for something else. My daughter's iPhone, my Slingbox and 3 laptops connect automatically with my router. What's the deal with my Bold? 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: WiFi - won't work on Rogers with dlink router.

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I don't know if you have seen these, hope they help!

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13922&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13494&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

My Device: Not Specified

I'm experiencing a similar issue with the Curve.  I can see the dlink router when I scan for networks and i see the ssid appear on my phone.  But when I use a browser to go to a website I get the error message "Unable to connect to the Internet, please try again later"

I've tried using wifi on my friend's router and i am able to browse.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Thanks Bifocals for the links to the BlackBerry KB articles - the first article confirms my suspicions that I cannot connect my Bold to my work Wi-Fi which is set up as WPA-TKIP.  I have searched numerous posts all over the internet that say this is possible, but my Bold just gives the list of security types mentioned in the article - WEP, PSK, EAP etc

Cheers!

Iain