Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Jayinnes

Wifi Connection with WPA Protection

I'm trying to connect to my home network which has MAC and also WPA protection.  The Bold seems to only accept a WEP number, not WPA.  Is there a way around this? 

Thanks in advance, I'm a new user.

Jay 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton

Re: Wifi Connection with WPA Protection

You have a error code?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
berryeater

Did not know if you solved the problem or not. I found the following at blackberry.com.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/3045/Wi-Fi_profile_security_options_115433_11.jsp

Pre-Shared Key: Type the WPA™ Personal pass phrase for the Wi-Fi network. This worked for me.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jdavies2009

My wireless has been WPA for about a Year and I only got my Bold about a month ago and I connected up to it fine. Try a sort reset first (take the battery out and replace it) or a hard reset (but back everything up first!!)

Cheers

JD

When all else fails, just ask your friend what happened. They won't know but at least your both failing in style!

Please consider Kudos when I help you resolve an issue!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jordanbecker

This is NOT working for me.  I have a Linksys WRT350N router (a recent model).  My iPhone supports WPA2 security.  Why doesnt the Blackberry Bold support WPA2?  This is outrageous.  WPA2 is not very new.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
vir574

I'm also having the same issue... I just got the BB Bold and when i try to connect to a wifi connection by scanning for networks, it finds it fine but then rather than ask for my WPA-Personal password (which it recognizes btw when it shows the networks found), it instead gives me an 8 digit pin which it tells me to add to my Wireless Access Point. I have no idea how to do this.

Then i tried to manually add a network, add the network name, and then when it asks what kind of security i have, it doesn't show WPA... it shows WEP, PSK and a bunch others i've never heard of. 

Anyone know how to fix this?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jabs

Why is WPA not an option on the Bold?  I just switched from an Iphone (which had access to WPS) to the Bold and not having the feature is a problem for me.  Any help is much appreciated.  I have read/reviewed a bunch of posts and get conflicted reviews. Some can access and most cant.....HELP
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nhlchuck

[ Edited ]
Message Edited by nhlchuck on 08-15-2009 04:23 PM
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
er2joe
My Carrier: AT&T

WPA is an option. Just that RIM calls it PSK (Pre-Shared Key). It woks just fine on mine.
Please use plain text.
Camper292000
My Carrier: AT&T

I got it, finally!

with a bold 9700 and no sim card, I've gotten Wifi to work.  My problem was my key... it is a AT&T Uverse modem with a all numeric key...I was not hitting ALT so I was really putting letters in, not numbers.

I have mobile network off, no sim card and using Hotspot Browser.  Hope this helps.  Oh yeah, it using the PSK security.

Please use plain text.