Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
lcswar2
My Device: Bold 9000

Wifi Crashing phone

OK i have a BB bold 9000 on the att network. A few days ago my battery went dead witht wifi turned on and as you know when it gets so low it shuts down the moble network then the phone some time later. Ok the phone has been charged back up but now when I go in to turn on Wifi I move down over it and select it to put the check in WiFi box but soon as you do that it shuts the phone down. I have tried both soft and hard resets on the phone but still no luck in getting it working again. Anyone have any suggestions.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Wifi Crashing phone

What is you use the "Turn All Connections Off"/"Turn All Connections On" options

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lcswar2

I have tried using that but it still does not turn on the Wifi option but that does not crash out the phone. I have even went through the WiFi set up to set up a new connection but when it trys to turn on Wifi the phone restarts.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

OK. Can you try and make a backup of your data using the Desktop Manager's Backup and Restore program? After the device is backed up try wiping the device and see if the problem still occurs.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lcswar2

ok im new to the blackberry products ....how do i go about wiping the decive.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Depending on which OS you're running it'll be in a different place. To find which one you're running you can go into Options | About. It will be listed as v4.x.x.xxx or v5.x.x.xxx

If your running 5.0 you can go into Options | Security Options | Security Wipe

If you're running 4.5 or 4.6 then you can go into Options | Security Options | General Settings. In this screen you can hit the menu button and choose Wipe Handheld.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lcswar2

ok i will give this a try and see what happens. I will let you know the out come.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

OK. Just remember that wiping the device will erase all the data from the phone and reset it back to factory settings. That's why I mentioned doing a backup first if you wanted to save your data. If this works then you can go back into Backup and Restore and restore the data back onto the phone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lcswar2

yeah i got the software installed to do the back up so i will do that first. in the back up does it back up the contacts as well?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Yes doing a backup backs up everything on the device.

Please use plain text.