Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
lcswar2
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Wifi Crashing phone

Ok, kinda got another question really quick on something. I i decided to upgrade to v5.0 for the 9000 which would have to be one of the leaked copys or what ever since ATT wont just let you. With this version does it do any type of pinging or anything that could run up a data bill, since i dont have a data plan on it and only use WiFi for internet.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lcswar2

Oh and another issue during back up i get and error that says 3 of 6 profiles backed up and if you click ok it goes on and finishes up the back up is that and issue

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lcswar2

Ok completed the Wipe and restore and it is still haveing the same issue. When going to turn on Wifi it restarts the phone every time.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

All of the OS run the same so you'll be fine with updating to 5.0. If you don't get charged when you're not running 5.0 then you shouldn't when you upgrade.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Did you wipe first and try the wi-fi BEFORE the restore to see if it was working?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lcswar2

yeah i tried it after the wipe before doing the restore and it still did not work

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

OK. I'd say to try updating the OS to 5.0.

If you follow the steps at in the sticky post of this pasge you'll be fine

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/

After the update see if the wi-fi works

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lcswar2

ok i did downgrade software on the phone to see if that would make any different and it didnt so i will try the update to 5 and see if it makes any difference

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

OK. Let me know.

Please use plain text.