Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
bill0199
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Wifi Sync Not finding Library

Blackberry Bold OS 7.1

Latest DM

I have had my phone for a month and wifi sync was working fine all that time.  I could see my home library and download from it as needed.  Last night I tried to add an album and when it started to download it shut down and there was a message "missing files connect to DM via usb and sync.  I could no longer see the option to "Show home library".  The problem is that i forgot that I had deleted that album from itunes so they were no longer on the physical drive.  I could not get rid of the missing files error so I deleted wifi sync application through DM.  Removed all music and then synced up via usb again.  I then reinstalled wifi sync.  Now, I get the message "no computer library found".  I don't know what changed but I have tried everything to get it back.  It is a business phone so enterprise email and my business' IT policy dictates a lot but I do not see that this would interfere.  IT policy has Mass media mode disabled.  When I plug the phone into usb I have only "Charge only" or "Media sync" as options.  If I choose "media sync" I have to enter my password and desktop software does not see the device.  The only was for desktop software to see the device is when I plug it in I have to enter my password on my PC screen and not make a choice on the device (Media sync or charge only).  It syncs fine through usb.  I see my entire itunes (Or WMP I tried also to same effect) and I can sync the music I choose.  But away from my pc and there is no way to see my home library anymore.  I am at my wits end.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bill0199
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Wifi Sync Not finding Library

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  So very helpful.  3 Weeks and no response.  Cannot believe I am the only one.  Wow!  Worst supoort forum ever.

Please use plain text.