Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Viennaboy
My Carrier: Rogers

Wifi radio turns itself on

I am still having a problem with the wifi radio turning on by itself. No real issue, just battery usage. I am unable to re-install the software (version 7) because Desktop thinks the software is the current version. I'm pretty sure a total re-installation of the software would fix it. How do I do this?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS

Re: Wifi radio turns itself on

Hi Viennaboy,

One of these KB articles should help you back up your data using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software and perform a clean reload of your BlackBerry® Device Software. Please make sure to select View other Versions to reinstall the same version of BlackBerry® Device Software.

For Windows®: "How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" http://bbry.lv/GI9beY
For Mac: "Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" http://bbry.lv/J0UN1U
Please test to make sure the issue you are having with Wi-Fi® has been resolved before restoring any data from your backup file.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Viennaboy

Thanks done all that, but there is no "View Other Versions" option on my screen, just the dialogue bx saying my software is up to dat. I am running Desktop Version 7.1.0.32

Please use plain text.
FrankieS

Hi Viennaboy,

Since the View other Versions option is unavailable, try backing up your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone and starting a software reload without the battery inserted. This KB provides further steps. "How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader" http://bbry.lv/L13o3O

Thanks.

-FS

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Viennaboy

Thanks, but that doesnt work either. After the Update button is pressed, it checks for software updates and gives me "repair" or "cancel". On "repair" it finds no new software updates.

Anything else I can try???

Please use plain text.
FrankieS

Hi Viennaboy,

Since you are unable to reload your BlackBerry® Device Software, I would recommend contacting your wireless service provider for other options.

Thanks.

-FS

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Viennaboy

You have got to be kidding me.

Do you think Apple sends customers to Rogers for help. Come on guys, lets get creative. Can you send me a link to do a one-off download from Rim somewhere?

Don't give up on me FS

Please use plain text.