Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ItsDaKronic
My Carrier: Globul Bulgaria
Accepted Solution

Will I be able to email after a security wipe?

I want to wipe my device because it won't let me delete the previous email addresses that were added by the user.. I got this blackberry from ebay and I dont know if i'll have problems emailing if i do a complete wipe of the device.. ? 

This is what it says when i go to the wipe options..

(All application data will be lost!
You will not be able to send or receive email on this device after you wipe it. )
If I select this option..Will it be reset to factory settings and let me setup everything from email to everything else..?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ankush8

Re: Will I be able to email after a security wipe?

Hi

Since you bought Your device from Ebay, It is advisable to wipe your device and also delete all third party applications installed as they might contain the previous user's data. After the device is wiped the device restores to factory settings and you can setup your Email accounts and everything else like a new device.

Regards 

Ankush

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,747
My Carrier: Verizon

It is recommended... do it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ItsDaKronic
My Carrier: Globul Bulgaria

ok thanx guys.. I'll do that.. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shafiq
My Carrier: jack

I'm using this device. Can I just wipe the device and use the same emel? If it necessary because I think my device is totally mess.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
anuj_rs
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi,

I am not able to receive emails after a security wipe. I am not receiving emails on my enterprise mailbox and when I am trying to configure the mailbox, it says unable to contact the server and every time i try to configure enterprise email a mail comes to my enterprise id with following message "This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server" and nothing happens after that. Even the other mailbox like yahoo etc are facing the same issue. After security wipe, I am not able to configure any of my mailbox on Bold 9780. Kindly suggest.

I having been using this phone for last 8 months and it was working fine until last week.

Please use plain text.