Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Regular Contributor
kerryd
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Will new Mac Desktop software use sync services

I'm really looking forward to the dedicated Mac desktop software from RIM. I'm assuming this will probably using Apple's sync services system. Would anyone know about this. The reason I ask is that there are a lot of issues with sync services (unreliable etc). PocketMac say when it syncs with Entourage I believe is going around sync services directly to Entourage. Missing Sync for the BlackBerry uses sync services where Entourage syncs to sync services and it doesn't really work (quite messy).

Anyone have any idea how the new desktop will work. 

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Will new Mac Desktop software use sync services

Here's a little bit of info that was released today

http://www.berryreview.com/2009/08/05/blackberry-desktop-manager-for-mac-more-details/

I'm sure we'll find out more as it gets closer to release.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kerryd

Yes, good article. So it will use sync services. Well that's up to Apple to fix this. Everyone is so hoping Snow Leopard will do that but I heard from a third party developer they're not optimistic but hopeful as sync services has caused them so much trouble (other 3rd party developers such as Microsoft and Entourage have had a terrible time with sync services).
Please use plain text.
Righellis

Just got Snow Leopard.  Had to re-downlaod sync software from Blackberry website.  It doe snot work as prior version.  Any change to address or calendar does not overwrite the entry on the other thing (desktop or device), but instead creates duplicate.  Anyone have this problem and an answer to it?  I have question into PocketMac and hopefully they have answer.  Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kerryd

I use Missing Sync software as I didn't like PocketMac at all as it was so slow. The Missing Sync for the BlackBerry works fine and even Bluetooth is working which its not in their Palm version (also have a TX). I've had no issues with The Missing Sync for the BlackBerry
Please use plain text.