Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
umalik
My Device: 9000

Wireless Yahoo! Calendar sync with BlackBerry Bold

Hello.  I just purchased the BlackBerry Bold (previously have used various other BlackBerry devices).  I've set up my Yahoo! Mail account via BIS with no problems.  Under Calendar Options on the device, I see Yahoo! Mail with a field for wireless synchronization set to "No" and I'm unable to change it.  I'm having trouble understanding why these options have been provided and yet I cannot change them.

I was hoping that by now the new versions of BIS server would support calendar and contact sync on Yahoo! and some other web-based e-mail providers.  Has any progress been made in this regard?  If so, how can I sync my Yahoo! Calendar on my Bold as well as my contacts on Yahoo! with Address Book on the device?

Thanks so much for your help!

Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Wireless Yahoo! Calendar sync with BlackBerry Bold

Desktop manager 4.6 does sync with Yahoo.

Here is the correct setup procedure:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15091&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
umalik
My Device: 9000

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I was looking for a wireless solution to Yahoo! calendar sync for two reasons: 1) up-to-the-minute updates; and 2) because I use a Mac and therefore cannot use the desktop manager application.

Any ideas?

Thanks again!

shenil80
My Device: Not Specified

I am having the same problem. Please help as I am also looking for wireless Yahoo Calendar sync.
New Contributor
D_cooper28

Were you able to find a solution?  I am having the same issue since I have a Mac.  Thanks!
New Contributor
D_cooper28

Took me a while to find this, BUT IT WORKED!!!  You have to have a gmail account for this to work.

1.  Create a google calendar.

2.  Convert your Yahoo Calendar to Yahoo Calendar Beta.  You can do this at switch.calendar.yahoo.com

3.  In google calendar click on "settings" under "My Calendar" to the left.  In the box that opens click on the name of your google calendar, (it looks like a hyperlink).

4.  Under "Private Address" Click on the green ICAL box and copy the web address that pops up.

5.  Open Yahoo Calendar, and click the "+" next to "calendars" on the left side. Choose subscribe to calendar

6.  Paste the web address you copied from google into the URL field.  Then click next and follow the directions.  This will sync google to yahoo (one way)

7.  To sync the yahoo calendar to google (other way), click on share calendar at upper right screen.  Fill out the email address, choose the settings and click "save".

8.  Go to the email and copy the URL specified as ical.

9.  Go to google calendar and click "add" under "other calendars" to the left and select "add by URL".

10.  Paste the yahoo calendar URL you copied from the email into the field and click add

Now both google and yahoo are sync'd with each other.  You will have to download the google sync app to your phone  http://www.google.com/mobile/products/sync.html#p=blackberry

KattsKorner
My Device: Bold

Thank you, thank you! Finally, a solution!

purplebold
My Device: bold 9000

Did all of the steps and everything worked fine the first time. Then I made updates to my yahoo calender and tried the sync now from my bold and no new information was synced. Went to my google calender to see if the new info was there and those days that I changed are not even on the calendar. Do I have to resync everything everytime I make updates?

New Contributor
mountainbeach
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

I tried the same steps and it does not work after the first sync. 

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make the sync between the Blackberry Bold and Yahoo calendar work - wirelessly or using the USB cable?

rantoun
My Device: Bold 9900

According to Yahoo Help! (March 2012),

it is no longer possible to sync Yahoo! Calendar with BlackBerry devices :-(

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&y=PROD_MAIL_CLASSIC&locale=en_AU&id=SLN5817&impressions=...