Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
nethome
My Device: Not Specified

Wireless upgrade Questions

[ Edited ]

Hello All,

I have a Rogers Bold and I have a question in regards to the Wireless upgrade .  It can be found under menu . options -> advanced options -> wireless upgrade.    It seems that some Rogers’s bolds (running the same OS and platform) come with this option and others don’t.  Does anyone know how to add the wireless option to their phone?  I can't seem to figure out why some come with it and some don’t.   (my bold does not have it) 

Thanks for your help.

Message Edited by nethome on 08-29-2008 09:41 AM
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DahGr81

Re: Wireless upgrade Questions

My phone did come with it. But, I unlocked my Rogers BB and I'm using it with T-Mobile. The funny thing is after I did a full backup from my old 8800 to my bold, the Wireless Upgrade option vanished. If it happens, I'd suggest reinstalling the Device software. I was lucky to find it on the Blackberry website because the Rogers website is garbage and very slow. Here's the link to the OS: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Go to Rogers Wireless on the bottom and download the Blackberry Bold 9000 OS. It's VERY good to have anyway!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nethome

Re: Wireless upgrade Questions

Thanks for the help.

Please use plain text.