Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

germac
My Device: Not Specified

Work e-mail

When I go to add my e-mail address under e-mail set up  the only option I get is to use my work e-mail address with a Blackberry Enterprise Server, why is this, according to the instructions I should have two options on this page

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Work e-mail

As a BIS user you can integrate personl/work emails from your BlackBerry device using the following steps -
  1. Go to Email Settings icon on your device
  2. Login using the user name and password (if already set by you)
  3. Under Services click on Email Account
  4. Click on Add An Email Account to integrate any POP or IMAP enable email (i.e... gamil, hotmail, ISP mail etc)
  5. To create BlackBerry.net ID click on Create A BlackBerry Email Address
  6. Type your preferred User Name and enter your Password for that ID

After every successful email integration you'll receive an confirmation email from Activation Server. That's it!! You're done with BIS email ID integration.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Osirus

I'm having the same problem. Sorry, but I just bought this phone today. I can't seem to find where the "email options" button is. All I find is the "setup" button which leads to email setup with Enterprise Server as the only option. Any other ideas? Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Xcist
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Very very common problem.

It is because you are currently not setup on a correct BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) data account. 

What you need to do is call your carrier, and ensure that you have a data plan for a BLACKBERRY. If you are with Rogers, go to the rogers.com website, sign in, and check your wireless account.

For example, before I had:

Data Plan 6GB (or something similar)

After I called rogers to switch it to a correct blackberry data plan, it became:

Blackberry Service 6GB

After they switch you over, it takes a bit of time before you are able to setup a normal email account.

Hope that helped...Cheers =)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
brjohnsmith

Hi,

I am new here, and I am not a blackberry owner yet, but I think buying one, but before doing it, I have a question connected to this issue.

According to the information that I read in some web articles, it is possible you receive work and personal emails. My question is: As my company doesnt support IMAP and Exchange, how can I do to sync the work account? Is there a way to do it without using any software? Is it possible to use the feature - push mail in this scenario? If it is possible to keep the message in the email server, what about the message that I need to send? (about synch). 

I would like to have all emails - received and sent - in my email program (MS Outlook 2007).

I dont know if I was clear, but let me know if you need more information.

I would appreciate it a lot if anyone could answer me as soon as possible in order to decide to buy this device.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
romyew
My Device: Blackberry Bold (9000)

Hi,

if you're going to use BIS instead of BES (type of Blackberry services), after you have bought Blackberry, you may get work email account into your Blackberry. Just set up 'Rule' in your working email account in your PC. The 'Rule' is kind of formula 'If..Then' for the mail system. I am using this way to set my Lotus Notes work email account into the Blackberry and it works.

Just set 'when email comes (chose all docs.)' then chose 'send full copy to' type  your personal email account@blackberryoperator.com.

It will give 'auto-foward' to all of your incoming mails from your work account mail to the Blackberry.

Don't forget to set your personal email account@blackberryoperator.com the 'Reply to' with your working email account (so whenever you want to reply the incoming email or just send email from your Blackberry) so the outcoming email will be ID with your working email address.

cheersss..........

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

you can add another email account from your Carrier's web page.

Go to your carrier's web page, log in onto your account, go to mail setup, and add another email account, after few seconds, you will receive a registration text message on your blackberry.

Thats it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.