Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Wrong account on BBM 7

Hey guys, I used my cousins account on my cellphone.

Because he knows alot about these stuffs, so we kept his account on this phone.

But now that BBM 7 came out, I needed to put his account on my phone again.

but now that that happened and he also used it for his phone, I lost all my people and they all went to his phone.

So we thought maybe if we make a account for me and reset the phone and put my account it would make me retrieve all my people, but that didn't work.. so we don't know what to do now .. how do I keep all my people and he keeps all his ?

and what if you got 2 blackberry's.. so you got to make another account for every blackberry you use ?

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360

Re: Wrong account on BBM 7

Hi,

You will get all your contacts back only if you had them sync with you own BBID. BBM 7 uses the blackberry id  to sync the contacts.

If you have a backup on the desktop manager, then you can restore it. Please perform a security wipe and restore the backup using Blackberry Desktop Manager. Any data that had been syncd with your BBID like purchased apps and now BBM contacts will be restored on your phone.

If your query is resolved then please click on - 'Accept as Solution'
Thank You.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Re: Wrong account on BBM 7

problem is, I did that.
but when I make a backup it also backs up the id i used ( my cousins his account) and if I restore the backup and use my own account it says that it doesnt match my cousins account so I get a empty list ..