Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

bassetlove
My Device: Bold 9650

Yahoo Messenger on Bold 9650

I have contacted Yahoo and they tell me this is a Blackberry issue. When using Yahoo Messenger on my Bold, I appear to receive messages being sent to me and I appear as Available to my friends, however, only some of my messages may go through to them, or not at all. They will message me and never see my response but other times, it works just fine. It does not appear to be an issue of whether or not I am in 3G, good signal or using WiFi. I can not find a rhyme or reason for the occasional correct function or mostly incorrect function. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Yahoo Messenger. I have also tried battery pulls. Any suggestions? Thank you!

New Contributor
lions
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Yahoo Messenger on Bold 9650

i have exactly the same problem sometimes my friends get my responses sometimes they dont, no reason, i have wasted hours on it and its unreliable so have had to stop using. As yahoo messenger is the main reason i use a blackberry to talk to my friends i'll probably switch to something else, Iphone maybe as i cant find any official response from the Blackberry support team and not sure they take it seriously.

Visitor
yankish
My Device: 9650

Can someone please help me with the link to download a compatible yahoo messenger for 9650
Forums Advisor III
er2joe
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S II SkyRocket (yes, Android)

I just went to Yahoo's home page, and typed "Yahoo messenger blackberry" and got the link