Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
MatHatter
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000
Accepted Solution

YouTube & Wireless Connection Error

This is a recent problem that I think started happening after I connected my BlackBerry to my PC for updates (which I'd done previously without any problems... go figure). No idea why it's happening!

Whenever I go to http://m.youtube.com and try to view any video on the site, the BlackBerry Media Player asks to switch to WAP for streaming media (OK), the player loads and displays "Loading..." in the top corner, and after about a minute of this loading the following error pops up:

"Wireless network connection has been disconnected. Please try again."

I have a data plan with Rogers Wireless (Ontario, Canada), and have tried the above steps using both their 2G & 3G networks with the same error message.  It does connect and stream properly when I have my home Wi-Fi connection enabled. Browsing other websites and using online apps works fine both with 2G/3G or Wi-Fi.

Any idea why this is happening all of a sudden?  Here's some additional bullet-point details:

* OS version 4.6.0.282

* Firewall disabled

* Data Services set to "On" under Mobile Network

* Advanced Options - Browser - Default WAP browser configuration set to "Rogers Mall" (don't think that matters)

* Have tried "Wipe Handheld" but that didn't fix it (surprisingly!)

* Used the Deskop Manager's erase all function under the Application Loader too... also didn't work.

I'm thinking I must be missing some minute detail, or accidentally erased some manual entry I shouldn't have that wouldn't be restored when I formatted the device.  Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

New Contributor
MatHatter
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000

Re: YouTube & Wireless Connection Error

[ Edited ]

For anyone who's been having this same issue, it seems to have resolved itself.  I would say it's likely due to a (hopefully temporary) problem with the carrier, not your phone, as I haven't changed any settings on my BB since this post.

Cheers.

cornwall2186
My Device: BlackBeryy 9000

I get the exact same error.  Been happening for months now.  I tried to access youtube videos on my buddies Bolds too with the same result.  I phoned Rogers but was told it was a problem with all Bolds and maybe I should consider a switch to the iPhone - not really the answer i was looking for.  My problem exists when using the 3G network.

New Contributor
Lightouch
My Device: 8900

I found the reason: enable UPnP on your router, it will work fine!

I hope it will help you :smileyhappy:

–Michele

unclealister
My Device: Curve 3G 9300

Lightouch wrote:

I found the reason: enable UPnP on your router, it will work fine!

Not on my Netgear DG834GT it doesn't. This router streams Youtube content perfectly to all my other 3G phones. Only the Blackberry 3G 9300 Curve displays the 'Wireless network has been disconnected. Please try again.' message. So surely there's a problem with the Blackberry?

Visitor
jheams
My Device: Not Specified

Youtube video clip