Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
MeDxb
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700 (3G, Wi-Fi)

Re: YouTube is not working on Bold 9700! PLEASE FIX IT!

Hi, i tried your suggested optamization but still not ablel to play the videos, i will be really thankful if you or somebody can guidde me on this, my BB Bold 9700.......thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rickw717
My Device: Bold 9700

Haven't read thru the entire thread, but it must really be a carrier problem. I have 9700, AT&T OS 5.0 v .602 and youtube plays flawlessly. Mobile and wifi..no problem.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
spegs
My Device: Bold 9700

I had an unlocked bell 9700 on fido that could do everything but play youtube vids. turns out i didn't have the tcp/ip settings for fido set correctly. after changing those in the advanced setting menu it worked fine for me.

Please use plain text.
pukshot
My Device: Not Specified

I am experiencing the same problem as others.  I am a Rogers user and CAN'T use youtube with my BB bold 9700.  I have read and tried everything posted about this topic here and elsewhere.  I have tried changing the APN settings using every option out there..  I have checked and unchecked every box possible under the browser options.  I have tried third party applications with no additional success.  Surely, there must be a way to get youtube working on this phone over a wireless network.  This is so frustrating.....Rogers has given me no additional help.  I have also tried deleting the various options in the service book.  Please,if anyone has found or knows what the solution is let me know.  There has got to be a solution!!!

ap

Please use plain text.
oakster15
My Device: Blackberry 9700

Alright, I was having the same problem and this fixed it. I'm on Fido (Rogers Network) in Canada.

Im using an unlocked 9700 that used to be on Bell, so my TCP/IP settings were set for Bell. I had to change them to use CallSaver, and it fixed youtube and a couple other apps in the process. This will only work (i'm guessing) for

What you have to do is go into Options --> Advanced Options --> TCP/IP --> then find out the APN address and username/password for your carrier. For example, for Fido, APN: internet.fido.ca    u: fido    pw:fido

Just google your carrier's settings and hopefully this will fix it for ya.

Please use plain text.