Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

alt + LGLG cleared some of my memory

Hello,

A friend of mine using the Blackberry Curve 9300 took my Bold 9780 and typed in alt+ LGLG, and after that my memory cleared. I removed the battery and memory card and afterwards everything was fine, except my phone won't make calls anymore, but BBM and texts work fine. Could this be related to clearing my phone's log?
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: alt + LGLG cleared some of my memory

I've never heard of that but it could be possible.

Register your phone on the network once again:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB00510

Once you've done that, resend your service books for good measure:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402

Finally, remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

ALT LG LG will not damage your phone, everything you do and press on your phone is copied into a log, which needs to be cleared often as it takes up memory. Also clear the Cache in the Browser, Twitter, Facebook etc etc, often. Doing will free up memory making your phone run smoother and faster.
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Press Alt+LGLG and when it opens you must press the BlackBerry-button (to the left of the trackpad) and select Clear log.

The first time I did this my Bold 9900 was like a completely new phone! I had never seen it respond so quick!!