Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

boblamenace
My Device: 9900 bold
My Carrier: Swisscom

app error 200 on 9900 bold

Hi,

I have a 9900 bold.

I did an updat on software program yesterday.

Today my phone blocked with the message error "app error 200".

I tried to reinstall the software, to take off and back the battery,

What is the solution??

Nicolas

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: app error 200 on 9900 bold

Hi there,

If removing and reinserting the battery did not help, then you will likely need to reinstall the OS on the phone. But let's try starting by using Safe Mode first.

Remove the battery, wait 15 seconds, then reinsert. Then, while the phone is rebooting, press and hold the back key for 30 seconds. This should cause your BlackBerry to reboot in safe mode. If the phone is able to reboot, delete the app you tried to update earlier, then do another battery pull. You should now be clear to reinstall the software.

If you are unable to enter Safe Mode, reload the software on your device using these instructions:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

If your BlackBerry will not connect to your computer, let me know as there is a way to force it to recognize your phone.

Good luck!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Yuri_RP
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: XL Axiata

My BlackBerry won't connect to my Computer. How to force it to recognize my Phone? Thanks
Please use plain text.
Oestes
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: Oi São Paulo Brazil

Hi,

I'm brazilian and I bougth a BB Bold 9900 at US (AT&T), unlocked the divise to use it in São Paulo-Brazil (Oi). The devise run well, but when I tryed change the language to portuguese, during the atualization process the devise stoped and now show the "App Error 200". Now my BB Manager don't recognize my devise. I tryed everything and nothing. Could you help me?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
mabbarakka
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: telkomsel

:
My BlackBerry won't connect to my Computer. How to force it to recognize my Phone? Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

mabbarakka wrote :

Hi mabbarakka 

Welcome to the Community

If you are getting App error 200  and your device is not detected by desktop software then please try this Knowledge Base to load your Device OS and if that helps :

KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paultucek1
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: telus

i have the same problem but i think i might need to force it....... how does that work?

Please use plain text.