Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
mr4tc2001
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: at&t

app error 200

Hi,

I tried to update my OS (all language ver.) so I can type in another language. I used the right version for my phone and it gave to app error 200. I tried to fixe my phone by connecting it to desktop manager but my phone couldn't be connected to it. So I went to at&t device support center and they fixed the error but told me I’m not going to able to update my phone because it’s not the software problem but it is my phone that has the problem. They couldn’t replace my phone because my warranty expired about a month ago. Is there any way I can update my phone so I can type in other than English? If I can’t, there is really no point of using this phone. Please help me out. Thank you very much!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: app error 200

Hi mr4tc2001

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Those errors are the Java errors which may appear in our BlackBerry Smartphone , and in that situation it is always advived to udate to the most recent version if available for any devicemodel , Don't know why att support say that !

If you want to update your device you can go with it , regarding your issue with installing an All Language OS pack , Can you confirm which language you want in your device and have you tried your Carrier released OS or from a different Carrier .

First read this Knowledge Base and let us know if you feel any problem :

KB13067 : How to obtain language packs for BlackBerry smartphone

KB05305 : Localization support for BlackBerry Smartphones.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mr4tc2001
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: at&t

luckily my friend was able to fix it!

I don't know why this at&t guys told me it ws the hardware problem...after all there not good I guess haha

but thak you very much for reply!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mikrobio
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Movistar

Hi

this morning, I used my BB just to send an e-mail. After this, when I checked it again, I got the small clock, and the device was blocked. I removed the battery, as I usually do when I find this problem, and the device was trying to start but not able.

After several tries, I got the app error 200. I tried to conect it to the BB desktop manager, and it is shown there, but I have no way to restore it. When I conect the device via USB, it says that the terminal is rebooting or dead battery (it was full before this happened, and it is connected, so it must be charging). When I click in REtry, nothing happens. When I click on Update, it says that I can repair it, losing all my information, that is is ok, as I have nothing there, but when I click on Repair, it searches for software, and I get this message: There are no BB Devide Software Updates available.

I cannot restore it, and it gets after a long time the app error 200 again. Desktop manager is version 7.1.0.41

I need this because I'm working out of my country, I have no mobile, I cannot call or receive calls :smileysad:

Thanks for your help

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

mr4tc2001 wrote:

luckily my friend was able to fix it!

I don't know why this at&t guys told me it ws the hardware problem...after all there not good I guess haha

but thak you very much for reply!!!

Hi mr4tc2001

I am glad that your friend helped you are able to update your device Software .. Well done :smileyhappy:

Cheers !

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

mikrobio wrote:

Hi

this morning, I used my BB just to send an e-mail. After this, when I checked it again, I got the small clock, and the device was blocked. I removed the battery, as I usually do when I find this problem, and the device was trying to start but not able.

After several tries, I got the app error 200. I tried to conect it to the BB desktop manager, and it is shown there, but I have no way to restore it. When I conect the device via USB, it says that the terminal is rebooting or dead battery (it was full before this happened, and it is connected, so it must be charging). When I click in REtry, nothing happens. When I click on Update, it says that I can repair it, losing all my information, that is is ok, as I have nothing there, but when I click on Repair, it searches for software, and I get this message: There are no BB Devide Software Updates available.

I cannot restore it, and it gets after a long time the app error 200 again. Desktop manager is version 7.1.0.41

I need this because I'm working out of my country, I have no mobile, I cannot call or receive calls :smileysad:

Thanks for your help

Hi mikrobio

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Sorry for the late response ! 

Please try this Knowledege Base to recover your device :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

When you Click on Update and get notification that no updates are available , are you able to view on left Corner " View Other Version " at that time ? If you are then Click on it and Install the most recent available in that list . Can you try that .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mikrobio

Hi... thank for your response.

I don't get any option in the left corner, so I cannot click on it.

I only get: there no Blackberry Device Software updates available, and CLOSE.

When I try with App loader it says I have an internet connection problem (not really) or a problem has ocurred..

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

mikrobio wrote:

Hi... thank for your response.

I don't get any option in the left corner, so I cannot click on it.

I only get: there no Blackberry Device Software updates available, and CLOSE.

When I try with App loader it says I have an internet connection problem (not really) or a problem has ocurred..

Thanks!

Hi mikrobio

OK if you are having problem then first try this Knowledge Base to recover your device :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

If you feel any problem while following the above KB  , then you should try a manual update / reload of your Device software , to do that follow those instructions :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders  :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop

Software.

please try it and let us know of your progress.

Additional Information :

KB30100 :  "JVM 200" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mikrobio

Hi

I got it!! Finally, it appeared the other version square, and I was able to restore it!

Thank you very, very much for your kind help!!!

Regards!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

mikrobio wrote:

Hi

I got it!! Finally, it appeared the other version square, and I was able to restore it!

Thank you very, very much for your kind help!!!

Regards!

Hi mikrobio

You are most welcome .. I am glad that you're able to recover your BlackBerry :smileyhappy:

Cheers !

Please use plain text.