Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Yaron
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: orange il

auto complete text settings disappear

Brand new devices.

I have a problem with auto complete text. Once I transfer language from eng to other language with the keyboard shortcut (alt+enter ) the auto text stops working. Furthermore, the option box just disappears from the menu (options - text and languages ) !.  Reset by battery removal fixes the problem.

But, onces you repeat the above action the auto text complete disappears again...

Some bug is there.... tried it with all 5 devices of my office.

I contacted my provider- they were not aware of the problem and I demonstrated it to them. They dont know how to solve it...

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
arievayner
My Carrier: Orange Israel

Re: auto complete text settings disappear

I see the same problem... running v5.0.0.442

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Yaron
My Carrier: orange il

Same version.

Also the caller ID goes crazy and shows previous callers ID with new calls (can create embarrassing situations..). Provider has a great solution for this- to take out the battery (Brilliant!) .  Wakeup RIM officials!!  Did you get this version from windows mobile? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mk1000ie
My Carrier: Vodafone IE

Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem? I used to have the BB Storm and didn't have that problem. It's a pain to work with especially when you have to switch languages a lot. Of course there is no way of contacting the guys from RIM about this unless you pay. This is utterly rediculous especially as it a a fault in their OS 5. 

Please use plain text.