Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
warcow
My Device: 9900, 9300, 8520
My Carrier: plus

automatic deleting email, sms, notes from calendar older then 30 days

All my Blackberry phones two 9900 and six 9300 have the same problem.

All emails, sms, notes from calendar are automatic deleting by phone.

I have chceked all possibilities and error should be on your side. Or maybe that is normal for that BB models, because all my previous BB starting from 8800 Bold never had such problem.

In phones settings I have set to never delete emails and to always keep calendar notes.

I have chceked and there is no problem with lack of the memory. Some phones are 2 months old so it shouldnt be memory case.

There wasnt any application instaled.

Phones are in different mobiles operators.

Deleting happends on  different mailboxex from differen hosting companies. But on the server nothing is deleting. Only on BB.

What is wrong with your system?
 Sould I swith phone to Samsung or Htc to have my emails etc keept longer that 30 days? Because I really dont want to.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: automatic deleting email, sms, notes from calendar older then 30 days

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

First off, given some of your wording (e.g., "your side", "your system", etc.)...note this information please, displayed at the top of nearly every page on this site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

As to your issues, refer:

• KB02843What is the Low Memory Manager feature on the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB14320How to maximize free space and battery power on the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB14213Call logs, SMS text messages, and email messages are deleted from the BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
warcow

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Thank you for your response but I have tried everything what is in knowledge base. My message here is an act of desperation. 

I have read that information from knowledge base. At the end of that there is written to contact Technical support but there is no contact to technical support on your webpage so I wrote on that forum.

I want to emphasise - I havent instal any aplications and all unused aplications are uninstaled. I have 149 MB free of flash memory. Memory statistic show 1,2 GB of free memory !!! There is no need to delete anything.

But still my BB is deleting emails, sms, and notes form calendar.

this situation is happening on six BB phones. Is this coincidence?

I want to replay what is wrong with your system???

You provide phone for business end have something like Low Memory Manager which can delete data belongs to the phone owner without asking. Yes, calendar notes is a DATA!!!!!!!!!!! 

System is deleting business data!!!

And now I can read that "Note: Calendar entries and email messages removed by the LMM are not reconciled back to the mail system."

So what I wrong with your system???????

My question is simple: Is it possible to not allow my BB with your system to deleting my DATA???

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

warcow wrote:

I have read that information from knowledge base. At the end of that there is written to contact Technical support but there is no contact to technical support on your webpage so I wrote on that forum. 

BlackBerry provides no direct technical support. Your formal support is a matter of your original purchase contract and/or your contract for your carrier-level services. Formal support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and original place of purchase -- it varies by region and issue, so you need to check your original documentation to find out what your specific formal support options are. But, formal support is not part of this user-to-user community...we do what we can, but there's only so much that can be done at an internet-distance with no access to any of the "behind the scenes" systems and such.

warcow wrote:

I want to emphasise - I havent instal any aplications and all unused aplications are uninstaled. I have 149 MB free of flash memory. Memory statistic show 1,2 GB of free memory !!! There is no need to delete anything.

I don't know exactly what you mean by "flash memory"...there is AppMemory, Device Memory, and SD Media Card Memory. The most important, from what you describe, is AppMemory...but I don't know if that's what you are referring to or not.

warcow wrote:

But still my BB is deleting emails, sms, and notes form calendar.

this situation is happening on six BB phones. Is this coincidence?

I have no way to know. If I had all devices in my hands and access to the various things to which they use, then perhaps I could diagnose...but, I only have what you report here, which remains unclear.

warcow wrote:

I want to replay what is wrong with your system??? 

I don't understand that question...and still you say "your"...it's not my system, it's BlackBerry's. But this site is not a method to communicate with them for any formal support.

warcow wrote:

You provide phone for business end have something like Low Memory Manager which can delete data belongs to the phone owner without asking. Yes, calendar notes is a DATA!!!!!!!!!!! 

System is deleting business data!!!

And still "you"...please try and understand who you are chatting with here...YOU ARE NOT CHATTING WITH ANYONE WHO WORKS FOR BLACKBERRY!!! You are chatting with another user, who just happens to volunteer time to try and help out other users who need help.

warcow wrote:

And now I can read that "Note: Calendar entries and email messages removed by the LMM are not reconciled back to the mail system."

So what I wrong with your system???????

Still, it is not my system. I do not yet know what your issues are, since you've been unclear on a few points. But I do know that the system works as it is designed to...it may well be that you dislike the design, but that does not mean that the system is broken.

warcow wrote:

My question is simple: Is it possible to not allow my BB with your system to deleting my DATA??? 

Still with "your"...it's not mine.

Do also understand that to truly do what you desire, the device would have to have unlimited storage capacity. Such is simply impossible. There must be limits, there is no way around that.

I still do not understand your situation. Please try and clarify it so that it can be better understood by the volunteers here who really do want to help you. Please try not to keep making statements with "your system" and such...for those can easily be taken by the volunteers as accusatory at them...and may well decrease their desire to volunteer to help you.

Good luck.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
warcow

Thank you for response.

My regional support told me to send BB to them to check problem. It means that I have to send all BB I am using. I think there is no sense to send 8 different BB phones with same software problem.

You wrote that some things I have written remains unclear for you. So please as follows:

BB 9900 has:

140 MB free of AppMemory (in links you have send me it is called flash memory)

1,2 GB free of Device Memory

500 MB free of SD Media Card

BB 9300 has:

124,5 MB free of AppMemory

Understand that I such conditions Low Memory Manager shouldnt do anything.

Is there any other "program" or "manager" which can delete my data?

If you need any othere information to help me i will provide it.

I understad that is such thing as unlimited capacity so I havent instaled any aplications. I always try to keep free memory space as much as it is possible.

Please remember that we are talking about "top class multimedia smartphone" which deleting compressed emails without attachements. Already all emails on my BB use 700 kB. Yes less than 1 MB!!!

I had BB 8800, 8100 and 9780 and that phones had less memory than BB9900 but never deleted any data.

thank you for you response.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Since you are now working with your formal support, I will defer to them.

Nevertheless, given what you describe, I agree that the behavior you see should not happen. But, at our internet-distance, it's nearly impossible to perform an adequate evaluation and attempt any useful diagnosis.

You can, I suppose, attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

But if the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then you may need to consider more drastic actions -- WIPE, OS Reload, BBSAK Wipe/Reload, and the "Bare Bones" OS Reload Process. To prepare, you should be sure that you have a full backup to your PC...please review the Backup link in my auto-sig on this post for instructions.

You may also need the use of these tricks:

Or, you may elect to continue with your formal support channel. It is entirely possible that only a qualified technician, with the device in their hands, will be able to properly evaluate your situation. So I encourage you to work with your formal support channel.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
warcow

My formal support is completely useless they couldnt find sollution.

I will try to wipe one of the phones maybe it will helps.

I remember that first BB was deleting emails older than 30 days only from one mailbox. But then it start happening in all mailboxes.

So I understand that normally BB shouldnt delete emails,sma etc older than 30 days.

Does your BB Z10 keep data longer than 30 days?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

warcow wrote:

So I understand that normally BB shouldnt delete emails,sma etc older than 30 days.

There is no "normal"...there is a setting.

warcow wrote:

Does your BB Z10 keep data longer than 30 days?

For my ActiveSync accounts, I can select different timeframes, including "forever". For my IMAP accounts, there is no setting, and it uses a 30-day "rolling window". In all cases, my server mailboxes are unaffected by these.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.