Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9790
My Carrier: vodafone

battery dies in 10 mins after updating os

hi !!

M using bold 9790 ..... few days back my os crashed. (513 error Reload Software) ... so i reloaded the software( version 7.0.0.557(2356) ) ... after reloading the software.. my battery drains out in 15min .... it show 80% battery n suddenly it dies ...

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: battery dies in 10 mins after updating os

Hi shawn_123

Welcome to Support Forums

That's not normal , Can you perform a Clean Reload of your device Software to see if that fix your issue , If you want to have a try then please follow this Knowledge Base :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software.

But first do your Backup.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

i reloaded the software still the same problem is occuring .... the phone is turned off instantly .. n thn it is restarted . it loads to about 50% and then again restarts .. this keeps on going until i put the phone on charging

Elite II

Hi shawn

Please try to start your device on safe mode : KB17877How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

Also are restoring your applications from your backup after reloading the OS ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

yes m restoring my applications ..

but what will happen if i start my phone in safe mode ..

Elite II

Hi shawn

Sometime a bad app can create a lot of issues like the problem you are facing, So start your device On Safe Mode and delete all third party applications that you having installed or restored from your backup Or any application that you think might be responsible for the issue . Then perform a battery pull , See if that helps .

New Contributor

i started the phone in safe mode and deleted the third party apps ....i had only one one app (whatsapp) ..

but no use ...the phone shuts off instantly ... and also when i chargethe phone the battery shows full charged within 15-20mins ..

Elite II

Hi Shawn

Sorry to hear that you still having the problem, there are a few things you can try like JL_Cmder or BBSAK those third party software are good enough to wipe our device cleanly and to load the OS again, If that doesn't help then I think you may have to visit your Carrier or any repair shop to rule out any Hardware issue.If you want to try then here are they :

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F 

For BBSAK, here is the link: http://bbsak.org/ ,     OR 

KB27956 :  How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: 4028795641

i have a bold 9930 that has started doing the same thing.  I have done 3 hard resets, cleared everything, tried with nothing reinstalled.  Same problem.  It only started doing it after the last software update.  I broke down and ordered a few new batteries for it, but it annoys me that I'm forced to do that.  I've been through 6 of these phones in the last year and a half.  This last one has lasted me the longest.