Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
seunfapps
My Device: bold 9900
Accepted Solution

battery won't charge

When I charge my bold 9900, the lightning bolt blinks for a while, then it stops charging and a symbol that looks like c 3 shows in the battery icon. I changed the battery but its the same problem, pls help..
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: battery won't charge

When it stops blinking does it change to an icon that looks like a power plug? That means it's done charging.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
seunfapps

Yes it does
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That means its 100& charged.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
seunfapps

But the battery is still low, the battery meter would just increase about 10% from when I started charging it. Then the c 3 thing appears, then the power plug appears.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

That usually happens when the battery gets too hot. If the battery isn't hot then you may have a problem with the charger. Try a different charger, if possible. If it's not the charger then it's possible there is a hardware problem with the device and I would recommend getting a warranty exchange.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
seunfapps

Just changed the charger, now battery works fine.. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Excellent!
Please use plain text.