Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
sadaanish
My Device: bold 9900

bb 9900 screen goes black all of a sudden for few minutes

[ Edited ]

hi,

my bb9900 is not very old (DOP- 26/11/2011) and i handle it very carefully.

but few days back its screen went black, suddenly, for few mins and then again it became normal.

since then it happens daily and atleast  for a few times everyday.

i have tried battery pull  and all, but nothing works.

this problem is very annoying. please suggest the way out as soon as possible

it is very urgent for my as i live alone, far away from my family and this is the only device through which i am in touch with all of them...

thank you

Removed personal information to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: bb 9900 screen goes black all of a sudden for few minutes

Hi sadaanish,

To resolve the black screen on your BlackBerry® smartphone, try to back up your data using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software and perform a clean reload of your BlackBerry® Device Software.
For further instructions, please see the following KB articles.

For Windows®: "How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" http://bbry.lv/GI9beY

For Mac: "Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" http://bbry.lv/J0UN1U

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
kinan

Hi,

I am a tech support for a major canadian provider. started having this issue about a month ago. and now it became really annoying as it happens frequently and while am using bbm/text/on a call/ news/ fb... well randomly.

contacted blackberry who of course refered me to my provider, which would be me.

downgraded the OS. didn't work, downgraded it again to an even older version (first 7.0). same problem. wiped/restored. same issue. removed all apps, and completely DUMPED / briked the OS using BSAK, and loaded the new OS completely from scratch. still have the same problem. again the screen becomes black, but not total black, like we can see that it's light up but can't see anything on the screen. removing battery of course doesn't fix anything as it happens too while in the boot process. now for me this is a major hardware failure and what's astonishing is that my manager has the same problem, and he was so pissed off that he bought a diff brande and didn't bother repair process. now am bringing this phone today to a repair center. and we'll see what happens from here. but this is NOT a software issue otherwise it would've worked by now. used it for the past 8 months and it was perfect.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sadaanish

my phone has exactly the same problem. i can see the light if i tilt it.
i called BB they said software update will help so i am going to try it today..
please let me know if you get any solution.
thanks
Please use plain text.
kinan

Well I sent the phone to repair last week. Let's wait and see if they'll send it back unrepaired or working
Please use plain text.
2012bbhelp
My Device: Bold Touch 9900

This has happened to my phone.

What's the update?

Please check my situation http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/30952?tstart=0

I wanna get it fixed.

Please use plain text.
sunghj

[ Edited ]

I'm having the exact same problem and its really making me sad ):

what happened to your phone eventually, after you got it back from the repair shop?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
lincoln_whyte
My Device: Bold 9900/ Curve 9360 / Bold 9000

You need to change the display pannel. if you notice it works after the display is off for some time or if the phone is in a cool environment. there is an ic on the display pannel board that is shorting hence the overheating of the screen hence the blackening of the same. change it and you will fix ur issues.

Please use plain text.