Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
do3zi
My Device: bold 9790
My Carrier: etisalat egypt
Accepted Solution

bb bold 9790 battery life and temperature

I've used Blackberry curve 8520 and not been disappointed until the  bold 9790. Within 5 days the battery life reduced from 1 day to hours .

it gets worse

1. When the battery life drops below 65% the phone demand on the battery exceeds it's performance and the battery heats up to a scary point and dies faster.

2. Below 65% the phone take over and is not controllable and crashed continually.

please reply as soon as possible as i am scared that something will happen to me cause of the phone temperature. i've just bought the phone 5 days ago and i can't give it back to supplier as i've bought it from UAE and now i am in Egypt

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: bb bold 9790 battery life and temperature

There's obviously something weird going on inside your phone.  :smileysad:

Let's start with a battery pull.  Something in your OS is not working properly so a battery pull should resolve it.  Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

If that doesn't improve your phone's performance, it might be a good idea to reload the OS to your phone using BlackBerry Desktop Software.  You don't even have to load a new OS, sometimes just reloading the same OS does the trick.

Try those suggestions and post back with your results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
pkcable
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra
My Carrier: Verizon/T-Mobile

I have heard of some issues like this with the 9790, BUT OS updates have corrected some of the issues.  Make sure you are on the latest version of the OS.  As suggested above, use Desktop Manager.  IF it tells you that a later version of your OS is available, you should probably update to it.  :smileyhappy:   Be sure to also use DM to backup your device.

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
do3zi
My Device: bold 9790
My Carrier: etisalat egypt

Thanks , really you helped but I hope this problem doesn't occur again. Thanks
Please use plain text.
stephen_govaert
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: 0472569931

I started to have the same problem about 6 months after I bought my blackberry bold 9790. It heated up so fast that I couldn't even hold it in my hand. so hot! I tried everything you said above but nothing helped. I brought my bb to the dealer where I bought it and they send it to the repair service. last week I got a letter from the dealer that my bb is "total loss" and unrepairable with the following cause: falling, impact or mistreatment. I can honestly say that non of these are the reason of the failure of my bb. I treat all my devices on a properly way and there wasn't even a scratch or something else on my bb. it's just somenthing they say so the shouldn't give me a new bb or give me back my money. I'm talking about 450€. that's a lot of money for me. Can you help me please?

grts,

Stephen

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rhin_amir
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Etisalat Egypt

so, what did you do to solve ur blackberry heated n battery drain problem?

i just bought my bb 9790 a week ago,, n found that my bb heated and the battery drained fast..

me too living in egypt.. is the summer weather one of the cause?

many thanks

Please use plain text.