Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: bb bold 9790
My Carrier: none

bb bold 9790 heating issue

hello blackberry support guys!!!me and my girlfriend upgraded our phones to new bbm in appworld mine is bold9790 while she got curve9220 however after few days we noticed that our phones heating up unusually we checked our apps if there was any running in the background but none i also checked application managament no running apps except my bbm we even reset our phones many times but still no success the phones overheats unusually.and also since the phones heating up longer the battery drains very quickly too and causing our phones to shut down due to empty battery even we charged completely.pls help if the recent upgrade to bbm causing the batt problem.what is the best solution?or maybe a glitch or bug to the new bbm unnoticed? 

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: bb bold 9790 heating issue

Try downgrading BBM and see if that solves the issue. To downgrade use your BB browser and click the link below:

http://www.blackberry.com/bbm-redirects/bbm-download.shtml
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: bb bold 9790
My Carrier: none

hey !!! tnx i never knew i can also downgrade to the old bbm .i try to do it i appreciate 

Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Orange/EE. UK

Hi

It's common for smartphones to heat up. It's due to the Core(s).

If you had 1 Core you device would get hotter. As the Core would be doing all the work.

Dual Core (2) shares the work load and the device doesn't get as hot but still gets warm depending on usage.

Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)