01-28-2014 01:46 PM
This is useful. Thanks for the post.
Here is a followup on my problem. I wiped the new phone's OS last week and removed the SD card. I have been using it now for 5 days without a problem. I just switched back to the old phone this morning (without the SD card). I will wait 4-5 days and see if the problem reoccurs. If it turns out that the problem was caused by the SD card and the old phone continues to work fine, I will return the new phone to the provider.
01-31-2014 09:28 AM
- I waited for 5 days for the new phone to exhibit the problem. That didn't happen.
- I switched back to the old one and performed the same steps: (a) remove the sd card and (b) not restore any files after the OS wipe.
- So far, for 3 days already, the old phone is behaving normally without exhibiting the problem.
- I will wait for 3 more days. If the problems don't reoccur, I will assume that both phones are ok and that the problem has been recognized.
- I will then return the new phone
- Then I will try other longer term solutions, e.g., reformatting the sd card as indicated in one of the previous replies
- If the problem reoccurs in the next few weeks and it cannot be managed with daily battery removals, I will probably switch to a different phone and different provider altogether
- note that T-Mobile promised to call me a few days ago, at a specified day and time, to check if I was still having this problem. I waited at the designated time but never got a call from them.
02-04-2014 05:30 PM
After 5 days of normal behavior, the old phone started to have the same problem as before. The SD card was not inside it during that time.