Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
radev
My Device: Bold 9800

Re: bb bold freezes; hangs for 5-18 minutes; prints random exception message

This is useful. Thanks for the post.

Here is a followup on my problem. I wiped the new phone's OS last week and removed the SD card. I have been using it now for 5 days without a problem. I just switched back to the old phone this morning (without the SD card). I will wait 4-5 days and see if the problem reoccurs. If it turns out that the problem was caused by the SD card and the old phone continues to work fine, I will return the new phone to the provider.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
radev

Update:

- I waited for 5 days for the new phone to exhibit the problem. That didn't happen.

- I switched back to the old one and performed the same steps: (a) remove the sd card and (b) not restore any files after the OS wipe.

- So far, for 3 days already, the old phone is behaving normally without exhibiting the problem.

- I will wait for 3 more days. If the problems don't reoccur, I will assume that both phones are ok and that the problem has been recognized.

- I will then return the new phone

- Then I will try other longer term solutions, e.g., reformatting the sd card as indicated in one of the previous replies

- If the problem reoccurs in the next few weeks and it cannot be managed with daily battery removals, I will probably switch to a different phone and different provider altogether

- note that T-Mobile promised to call me a few days ago, at a specified day and time, to check if I was still having this problem. I waited at the designated time but never got a call from them.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
radev

After 5 days of normal behavior, the old phone started to have the same problem as before. The SD card was not inside it during that time.

Please use plain text.