Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
paulaine
My Device: bb curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

bbdataroaming bolt on

Hi I am based in the UK and have been using a bb bolt on for emails and bbm.  I came over to Spain last Saturday and Paid for a roaming bolt on but it wont work at all.  I contacted O2 and they say all is right with them so it must be BlackBerry.  I went through all of the usual things with O2 to make sure the phone is OK to receive and it is.  My husband is having the same problem so it can't be my phone, his is only 3months old.  I have been using this phone in Spain in the past with the UK bolt on but since they changed to using the data roam it won't work.  I was told to wait 24 hrs, I waited 36hrs but it still didn't work.  Please Help

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlexandraFromParis
My Device: Bold 9900 - 0S 7.0
My Carrier: Orange

Re: bbdataroaming bolt on

Hello,
I unfortunately can't really help you because i'm going thru the same issue, with the difference : I am from France, went to St Maarten, French and Deutsch sides, and after 6 days (on the 2nd of May) being there, my bb had the same issue as yours.
Since I am back to France, i tried and tried to fix it, but nobody knows... for the moment :smileyfrustrated:

But maybe i've done tests you still haven't tryed, as the diagnosis.
For this, you need to :
- click "Options"
- click "Settings and connections"

- click "Mobile connection"
  Once you're here
- click on the blackberry key (left of your trackpad)

- click "Diagnosis"
- click on the blackberry key (left of your trackpad)

- click Exe

You'll see if you bb is registrated to Blackberry
Connected... (actually, after the registration, all my report is spoiled).

But if you don't have the same report, you might then try to rebook your device.

Good luck

Alexandra From Paris ;D
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlexandraFromParis
My Device: Bold 9900 - 0S 7.0
My Carrier: Orange

Btw, here is what i've found yesterday on the forum and might help you...

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Alexandra From Paris ;D
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paulaine
My Device: bb curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Thanks Alexandra, I have tried this because O2 advised it but as you say it didn't work. Thank you for you're advice and if I do sort it I will post it on hereso it might help you next time you need it. :smileyvery-happy:.
Please use plain text.