Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: bold
My Carrier: 3

Re: blacberry bold 9900 - bb id cant log in

I have the exact problem :smileysad:

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

Whilst I have now resolved my `BBID problem, I should tell you that 17 apps including Blackberry Protect and a few other BB Apps AND PAYPAL are not available to use. I assume these haven't been updated yet.
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Cellcom

Well folks, I caved in and went for the factory reset . .  .

I did it from my PC and then proceeded to start the whole setup process from scratch. So far everything is working fine, except that it wasted about 3 hours of my time.

The real test will be in 24 hours, if everything still works properly (last time, it worked for the first few hours and then the problems began).

A thought I had: It could be that this problem is specific to devices that get unlocked by a re-seller and then get sold to end users. The re-seller (at least in my case) had to start-up the phone and enter some kind of BBID in order to be able to unlock the phone (the first thing the BB using OS7 asks you for when starting up for the first time is your BBID). Then it seems that once the phone gets logged in with a BBID, for some reason (definetly a bug IMHO) it doesn't allow a user to change the BBID on that particular device without first wiping it or reseting to factory defaults. That means if you change your BBID, for whatever reason, you are screwed. If you sell your device, or give it to your wife/kid/friend or to a co-worker, you are screwed (although in this case you'd probably wipe it first anyway). Thus, anybody who buys an unlocked OS7 device should first make sure its reset to factory state before getting started.

Seems to me like a serious bug that RIM needs to deal with.

Contributor
My Carrier: Cellcom

Quick update:
Everything on the device is still working - including BB Protect.
The crazy thing now is that in the BB Protect App on the BB, I can see my backups, etc. But on the BB Protect website (protect.blackberry.com) my account (same as on the BB) does not show my device. Not the PIN, not the model and not the data. But the BB does!
What gives?
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

My own theory is that BB are updating so quickly that they have not synchronised or perfected the links between v7 and all related applications. I personally have a gut feel that BB Protect is a major reason why we've experienced these problems. My 9860 shows a "greyed-out" icon and the words "Unavailable for this device"
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

You need to call Blackberry Support and let them screen share with you. The BB needs to be synced with your BB online username and password. That's what they had to do with me. It took 45 mins to get the matter corrected.

New Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: mobiltel

gsbingel wrote:

You need to call Blackberry Support and let them screen share with you. The BB needs to be synced with your BB online username and password. That's what they had to do with me. It took 45 mins to get the matter corrected.

I have make yesterday the factory reset on my 9930 but after the back up witch i have done later nothing has change. I still cant use my e-mails and mobile internet,only wi-fi. I dont know what to do. When i am trying to conect to internet try my provider on the screen appears that i cant conect because i dont have this survis on my plan,really strange,after when i use my sim card again with the phone of my college bb9700 everything is working perfect. I need help!!!!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Idea

Hi I have a similar problem here in India. I have a new BB 9900 and I was able to set it up flawlessly. Now suddenly when I want to change some email settings and put the password it says its wrong. So I go to the forgot password question. The question is exactly what would be the answer I am using as pw. I am then given 9 more chances and then a 15 minute lock in period and so it goes on. How can I resest my pw so that the new machine doesn't object to the pw I was using on my BB Bold 9000 so successfully
Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobil

It seems that we all BB Bold 9900 have the same issues and/ or other issues. Has anyone encountered drop calls and weak wi-fi signals? I would hate to do a master reset because the wi-fi is poor. Loved my BB 9700 and this one is great but too many bugs.