Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

bjt
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

blackberry 9000 mds on server and on the device (mds control center)

Hello,

i have the following problem. We use the MDS Service on the server to push own programmed software on some blackberrys (e.g. 8800). All Blackberrys are registered on the server in the mds list.

The new Blackberry 9000 does not display in the mds lists. And after the activation the the mds control center is not on the device. the mds control center have to push automatically by the group policies. but on the device i can not found it. how can i make the blakcberry 9000 work with the mds services on the BES Enterprise Server?

We use the version 4.1.4.15. 

Im sorry for my english. Im german.

Thank you.

Developer

Re: blackberry 9000 mds on server and on the device (mds control center)

[ Edited ]

i can report the same situation here. We have many Blacberry 8800 devices and all of them work fine with our MDS Applications. They all appear on the list of registered devices in Blackberry Manager.

On Friday we had to roll out two Blackberry Bold ( 9000 ) and applied the same IT-Policy and same Software-Configuration as to all of the 8800. Within the Software Configuration there are 5 Applications listed to be installed at the Device, one of them is MDS Runtime.

All Applications where installed but not the MDS Studio. Now these two devices are not registered at the MDS Service at the BES and we can not push MDS Appliations to them.

I tried to use a later MDS Runtime Version ( 1.1.2.26 ), this Installation appeared at the Application List but did not work also. It seems that the MDS Runtime in Version 1.1.2.23 works fine on 8800 but can not be installed at the Bold Devices.

Our BES is running Version 4.1.6.9 ( BES for Lotus Domino ).

Hopefully someone can tell us what to do . . . .

Message Edited by Jenson on 08-18-2008 11:29 AM
Message Edited by Jenson on 08-18-2008 11:29 AM
bjt
New Contributor

hello jenson, yes nice. Thats really the same problem and the same situation. i use the microsoft exchange server but this is not the point.

I think we have to update our BlackBerry Server Software Version.

Do you use the latest Version. I think i do not use the latest version. I only have update the device.xml file to make the latest blackberrys working, thats it. But for the BB Bold this is not the solution, i think.

Developer

We use the latest Version available. Our Solution Provider T-Systems does not support this Version up to now, but we had to update to the latest Version because of security problems. 

We also had to update the devices.xml for the server to support the Bold Devices.

T-Mobile has no idea up to now and they said that they have no information for our actual server version.

bjt
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi,

thx for your information. i have some contacts directly to t-mobile and to RIM. I want to contact them this or the next week and hope i get a solution. if i get a solution i post it here.

Message Edited by bjt on 08-18-2008 11:48 AM
Developer

[ Edited ]

ok. Hopefully you'll get more details and help as we got. T-Mobile said they can not help us, because they have had no "training" for the 4.1.6.9 BES Server up to now.

Maybe your contact at RIM can give you more assistence.

Message Edited by Jenson on 08-19-2008 04:16 AM
Developer

[ Edited ]

!! UPDATE !!

I've had contact with the T-Mobile 2nd Level Support. They told me to download the latest firmware at the t-mobile updatecenter ( didn't hear from that up to now ), then install that Software to a PC and install the MDS Runtime from that firmware package to the devices.

following the url to the download location where i found the firmware:

http://updateservice.t-mobile.net/blackberry/download/download.do?ref=%2Fservices%2Fftp%2Fproftp%2Fs...

--> Download

--> Install to PC

--> Start Desktop Manager

--> Connect Blackberry Bold

--> uninstall all "fragments" of MDS Runtime from the device

--> restart Blackberry Device

--> Install MDS Runtime & MDS Default Launcher ( V 4.6.0.13 )

--> Restart Device

you're good ...

The BBlackberry Bold now is a registered device and within seconds all our MDS applications where pushed to the device and are working perfectly.

Hopefully this will help you too.

Message Edited by Jenson on 08-21-2008 09:39 AM
bjt
New Contributor

nice nice nice. yes thats the right way. and i think i know the problem. The OS on the Bolds that we have is an BETA Version :smileyhappy:

The BlackBerry Desktop Software installs a complete new OS on my BlackBerry and now i have the mds control center. After this i made a complete reset of my Bold. And after this reset i have the mds control center again so i think that this mds support on the old OS have not be included. After the reset i made a complete new BES Activation and now all is fine. The device is registered in the device list on the server and the mds control center on the device will be worked fine.

@jenson:

Thanks for this nice input. Thats the solution.

PS: @ RIM i hope the next Bolds will have all these OS updates included because i dont wanna connect all the next devices to a pc with the desktop software to upgrade it