Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
markchui94
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Re: blackberry 9780 facebook/GPRS issue

hey guys, just got my BB 9780 bout a few days ago and im having the same problem. I cant seem to connect to the internet browser though im already connected to a wifi network(my home wifi) It keeps asking me to "turn on my data services" when i do so. pls help ): 

Thanks in advance, 

Mark 

New Contributor
markchui94
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Hey guys,

Just got my BB 9780 about a few days ago and im having the same problem.

I can't seem to connect to the internet browser though im already connected to a wifi network(my home wifi) It keeps asking me to "turn on my data services" when i do so. pls help ): 

Thanks in advance, 

Mark 

rasik78
My Device: Blackeberry 9780

Dear abhijit,

I also have same issue; if you got the solution, please email me rasik786@gmail.com

New Contributor
arkamitra
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780

Hi,

I bought a new Blackberry 9780. After reading the previous posts I came to know that this requires a data plan from carrier to have access to facebook, twitter, google talk etc apps as this requires BlackBerry push technology. But I cannot able to access BlackBerry apps world from wifi also. My doubt is can I able to access BlackBerry apps world to download necessary apps from wifi network or this also requires BlackBerry data plan from carrier. Reply is really required. Thank you.
Thanks and Regards,
Arka Mitra
yisrani
My Device: 9780

Hey mee too I am having a similar problem

I have a bold 9780 and a torch

we are out of the country at the moment and the blackberry torch works on the wifi where as the Bold 9780 does not work on the wifi 

and when u go to check service status it say blackberry internet service not connected on the Bold but on the toch it shows connected through wifi can any one pls help

MichelleFlier12
My Device: 9780

I have a same issue 2.. N I can't even download anything on my app world. And cannot download anything with my computer ( app world ) 2.. Anyone got the answer n pls email me: wong.michelle19@hotmail.com THANKS
mohammedrafid
My Device: curve 9380

hey friend me too. I have the same issue with my bb 9380?

doodabood
My Device: Bold

Problem Solved for me 

i had the same issue , all i did was update the facebook app , the old app did not support connecting without having a certain service from the provider , however i navigated to facebook page using the browser , and found a download link for "facebook for blackberry" on the facebook login page , downloaded it and now its working fine