Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
kassemkls
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: blackberry

blackberry 9790 .rem images, music and video files

Hello every body,

I am currently using bb 9790 bold. I have a problem and pleaaase I need some body to help me to solve it, I connected my phone to the PC then I copied all the files on the desktop and then I formated both SD card and Internal memory. I was activated the encryption option. Then, after the format completed i copied all my files back to the memory card and the problem is that : i cant see or open any of files that was encrypted and have the .rem extension. 

I have tried a lot of solutions like: sending them by email, copy them to another folder in the mobile ( this gave me an error copying header)  etc...

So, unrgently i need these files back to normal extension i order to see and manage them. I have important images and videos that i cant loose. 

Please, any body have the solution or any realted pc or bb software to recover from this problem.

Thank you very much for your help and I hope to get a reply soon.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brett80
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: EE

Re: blackberry 9790 .rem images, music and video files

Hi, when you take a photo can you see it after? And things like downloads?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kassemkls
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: blackberry

Re: blackberry 9790 .rem images, music and video files

Hi, thank you for the reply!
After I removed the encryption option, I can see all the new pictures taken by camera or downloaded. But, still can't see all pictures I have taken or downloaded before! As I mentioned I tried the known solution to copy and paste them into a new folder but it gave me an error ( error decrypting header ) ... Also, music and videos have the same problem.. Any solution please?
Please use plain text.