Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: vodacom

blackberry 9900 bold

how do i copy my contacts from the phone to my sim card pls?

i hv over 400 contacts on my phone, but my sim card is empty

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: blackberry 9900 bold

[ Edited ]

Hi giomarcondes

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

As we all know that our BlackBerry address book is much more robust ,our BlackBerry Address Book will have a different arrangement with one Contact Name and several fields of information (Cell phone, Work Phone, Home Phone, email address, etc.) if you want to do it that way than you had to do one by one.

KB04205 Copy a Contact to your SIM phone book.

The best way I think is using BlackBerry Desktop Software to do the purpose.

KB12487 :  How  backup BlackBerry smartphone Data using BlackBerry desktop software for Windows.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9700
My Carrier: Multiple

Hi giomarcondes,

Why do you want to transfer contacts to SIM? All your contacts data will be messed up and SIM holds only 250 numbers (not contacts, numbers!). We have a much better solution. Just use our app and never worry about your contacts again. Transfer them instantly to your new device. Here is the link to our app on App World: http://bit.ly/QpYPbQ

Elite II

sarang_IntouchApp wrote :

Why do you want to transfer contacts to SIM? All your contacts data will be messed up and SIM holds only 250 numbers (not contacts, numbers!). We have a much better solution

Dear sarang_IntouchApp

It is a users choice if he want to keep it on SIM then it is his own choice , Go through OP's requirement ! he is not asking for any application but want to copy his contact to sim card. And also If you are the developer of this App then this is not a platform to advertise your App. Contacts  , 

Prince

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9700
My Carrier: Multiple

Dear prince2012,

Agreed that the user should choose. Via the forum we should provide the user with options and let them finally decide what they want to do.

In your reply you provide the user with two solutions. One of which is a software application user needs to install on his/her PC. Is it wrong for me to provide the user with a solution that is even simpler?

This is not about advertising an app. It is about educating users about available options which may or may not be provided by RIM themselves.

Elite II

Hi sarang_IntouchApp

As you agree that this is an user Forums then I think you should have also gone through  

Community Terms & Conditions of Use  and  BlackBerry Support Community Guidelines . There are appropriate section of the Forums where you can post  about the application you have and is capable of  so that we all know , But posting in this way I don't think it will help.

Prince