If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
JakeC08
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Orange

blackberry app world error (80002) + canupdate BB Id :/

Hi guys
Okay I have a BB Bold 9790 and when I click on my app world it just says "blackberry app world is having trouble connecting to the blackberry app world server, verify your network connections and try again" then if I wait a few seconds another box comes up saying "BLACKBERRY ID ,app world requires the latest version of Blackberry ID" then there is 2 boxes sayin CLOSE & UPDATE - when I press update it doesn't even get past 0% before it comes up with "sorry the software update server is unavailable, please try again later" then there's 2 boxes again saying CLOSE & RETRY when press retry it just flashes on 0% and back to retry so when press close it says "Blackberry identity installation failed, please try again later. (80002)....oh yh also I've noticed that if I goto Device>Blackberry ID, it says "unable to update blackberry Id account information while offline" so it won't let me change any details at all not even my name, but I can sign in fine on the website itself....
The BB Bold 9790 is running OS version 7 and app world is version 4.0.0.65....
I have tried a device wipe with no joy and I have tried changing the tic/apn to internet etc still no joy, I have even tried deleting app world and reinstalling but still the same oh and I have tried a battery pull too ???
Can some 1 please help me as this as been going on for about 4 weeks now :/ thanks guys.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JakeC08

Re: blackberry app world error (80002) + canupdate BB Id :/

Sorry guys my title meant to say CAN'T UPDATE BB ID
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JakeC08

Hi again guys, I think I know what the problem is, but not sure, I checked the service books and there is no blackberry app world service book there's a service book for BB identity but not 1 for app world and maybe just maybe this is the problem ??? But how do I get the bb app world service book ?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JakeC08

Oh yes I even pressed the register now button on the host routing table and it said message sent and a ok dialogue, but still not done nothing ?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JakeC08

.....Also I noticed that I haven't got a blackberr app world service book but I have got a blackberry Id service and I tried to register the host routing table but I don't get any message back also its saying 3g at top right of my blackberry bold we're signal is and when I do a diagnostic test it comes up with....
RADIO data activasion ----- NO
Then it says bb registration ---- abort
Connected to blackberry ---- abort
And blackberry pin-pin ----- abort....
Any help would be appreciated :smileyhappy: thanks.....
The browser and everything else I've tried on the phone works except app world and when I click on windows live messenger and yahoo etc etc it says I need a wifi connection to use them few apps???? Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

JakeC08 wrote:
its saying 3g at top right of my blackberry bold 

Hi there...right there, that's the root issue. With lower case "g", your BB is not properly connected to your mobile service provider data network...and only they can look "behind the scenes" to figure out why. So you need to contact them for formal support and diagnosis. Until that changes to 3G (upper case), nothing else matters regarding the carrier data network.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JakeC08

Lol oh sorry that's my fault, I forgot to keep it pressed on my bb, it is saying 3G at top near signal.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JakeC08

Lol oh sorry that's my fault, I forgot to keep it pressed on my bb, it is saying 3G at top near signal
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

OK...then let's move back...

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Now check all of your BIS services EXCEPT for AppWorld...see if email is fine, web browsing, social networking, etc. If so, then proceed with these KBs:

• KB29613 The error "BlackBerry Identity installation failed. Please try again later. (80003)" is displayed within BlackBerry App World
  • KB29501 "Error installing BlackBerry Identity, please try again later" when trying to install an update for BlackBerry Identity in BlackBerry App World.

Sadly, 80002 is not an error code in any public KB, so there's nothing directly on point, but perhaps one of these will be close? Note that the 2nd one has to do with BES...if your BB is on BES now, then your BES admins may be restricting things. If your BB is not on BES but may have been prior in it's life, and if the IT Policy was not properly cleansed, then it could be preventing this from working for you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JakeC08

hi, when i goto hrt and register it just says message sent and i dont get no message back to my bb phone and i done that about 8 times ???

and the part wer it says send service books, well i goto email account and all thats there is the enterprise account which i dont have .

plz help

Please use plain text.