Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: blackberry app world error (80002) + canupdate BB Id :/

Hmmm...given the 2nd bullet under step 1, I find it difficult to understand why you even proceeded to step 2. I did state that each step must properly complete BEFORE you proceed to the next. If a step does not properly complete (and your step 1 DID NOT properly complete), then you fall out of the 3 step process, into the next things.

From what you say, your BB may have once been associated with a BES environment, and may well have a latent IT Policy on board that is blocking this function (and perhaps others). Please carefully read and check this:

• KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

If there is any indication, as per that KB, of an IT Policy, then that is likely the cause. (In rare conditions, it is also possible for there to be a "stealth" IT Policy which will not show via those means in the KB.) If you are 100% certain that you are not on corporate/enterprise/BES, then removal of the IT Policy will be destructive, and I recommend then this process:

1) Take a full backup of your BB

• KB12487 How to back up BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

2) Make manual note of all of your installed apps, license keys, etc. If your apps are from AppWorld, it should retain all that you need. If your apps are from elsewhere, you need to check there.

3) Conduct the ResetToFactory to remove the IT Policy

• KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

4) Now conduct a selective restore of only those databases that you really need, and do not select any that have anything to do with IT Policy

• KB10339 How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file
  • KB03974 BlackBerry smartphone database list

Now, go back and conduct the 3 steps from my above post and see if things are working again for you. If so, then proceed with restoring all of your other apps, if any.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JakeC08
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Orange

[ Edited ]

hi i checked the it policy thing and it just says no service as you said it might if there is no it policy on th bb and i also did a security test and that passed so im gonna plug it up to the desktop software and see if that says i nedd a new version or something :/

but i cant do the blackberry desktop software thing yet because my desktop is broke and going in for repair and it wont let me install it in the library :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Well, any useful diagnostic/repair steps will require a working computer, so post back when you have that working again.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.