Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
shabizy
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: blackberry

blackberry app world

I have a problem with my app world I deleted it inorder to reinstall in but I did and"invalid manifest ...the midlet name is missing" pops up this keeps popping up I av removed ma battery and all still it doesn't download ma phone is a blackberry bold 9900 what do I do plsss
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: blackberry app world

Hi shabizy

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Try those steps to reinstall BlackBerry App World and see if that helps :

First On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management > Locate and delete Blackberry World if it is listed there.

KB10040  :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

Once you have deleted Perform a battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On wait for a min. then reinsert it back .

Finally use your BlackBerry browser and browse to www.blackberry.com/appworld/download and download the most recent version available 

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shabizy
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: blackberry

I av done dat
Then I tried downloading it says d same "midlet name"stuff
Plssss help me find another app world
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

shabizy wrote:
Plssss help me find another app world

Hi there,

If you're having the same error then the problem is not within BlackBerry World application but the device OS itself , On such situation I suggest do a proper backup of your device using BlackBerry Desktop Software then follow this KB and Relaod the OS :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

After reload you can restore your backup , then Install a fresh copy of BlackBerry world .Try it and let us know .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.