Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
a_sensei
My Carrier: vodafone

blackberry bold 9000 - application memory issue

Hi,
V 5.0.0.1067

My BB Bold 9000 keeps hanging due to low applcation memory.
The only workaround is to reboot the handset by removing the battery. After doing this, i can see that around 6mb gets freed, but within 4 hrs it becomes 0 and the same story.

This is terrible because hard reboot should not be a solution that too min 3 times a day is absurd.

Is there any remedy to this or i need to trash it. Appears to be the worst handset ever used by me.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: blackberry bold 9000 - application memory issue

Hi a_sensei

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Please Check the File Free at Options > Status, what is the number at File Free. How many Application you have installed on your device , You may have to uninstall some applications which might increase your device internal memory , If your are using A media card then transfer any media files from your device momory to the media card.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
a_sensei
My Carrier: vodafone

hi prince,

The File Free number is: 6259373 bytes

i have uninstalled a couple of applications and a couple of games. for now the App Memory is: 6.8 MB

i still have FB, Dictionary & Navita Translator installed. You might think of me as adamant, but if i remove all the apps the smartphone would not remain 'smart' :-)

Thanks,

Amol

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi a_sensei

I don't mean to remove all applications from your device but as you see for yourself you are already running a every low memory ,I am sure you will also agree that a smartphone cannot perform smoothly at such a low memory.

As I asked do you have a media card on your device ?If yes then make sure Media Card Support is enabled , Also  You have to sure where you are saving your media files, If they are on your device memory then you can transfer those media files from your device memory to a media card it will free up your device memory ,refer to this knowledge Base for further help.  

KB05478  :  Transfer  files  between  the Media card and device memory on a BlackBerry smartphone

You can also remove or uninstall any additional Language packs from your device it will also free up some space.Check this knowledge base it will help you to maximize free memory on our smartphone. 

KB14320  How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone

Please try those and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.