Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Done123
My Device: bold 9900
Accepted Solution

blackberry bold 9900 ISSUE :(

I am the biggest fan of blackberry phones .  I've had the curve 9800 for 2 years and i decided to buy a new blackberry phone . I fell in love with the bold 9900 and a week after buying the phone it suddenly shuts off and keeps restarting several times on it's own and finally gives me an error message . it never turned on after that :smileysad: I went to T-mobile and they said the phone was dead so they replaced it with a new one and AGAIN the second one did exactly the same thing . I went to replace the second one and believe it or not my THIRD blackberry 9900 did exactly the same thing . PLZ FIX THIS ISSUE BECAUSE I CAN'T IMAGINE HAVING ANOTHER MODEL AFTER LOVING THIS ONE :smileysad: 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: blackberry bold 9900 ISSUE :(

Yea, that's most definitely not good.

1. You haven't have had the 9800 for two years, it was only launched last August, 2010.

2. What apps do you have installed on this new 9900 (and the subsequent replacements)? Can you list them here?

3. What OS release is on the device? I'd highly recommend loading OS 7.0.0.353 on it.

4. If the device won't turn on, REMOVE the battery for a minute, replace it and allow it to reboot. This will 'fix' maybe 95% of the issues on these java-based OS devices. The battery pull is basically an OS reset to working values.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Done123

hi, Thanks allot for the reply and help,

well the blackberry curve has been with me for over a year felt like almost two years .
the apps are : facebook , twitter, weather channel, poynt
i've removed the battery for 5 minutes and still the issue remains. i've done this several times now. it will never restart and gives me a message JVM 517 error .
is it possible to load the OS while the phone is off ??

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Done123

sorry the error is JVM error 529 not 517
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Done123

i upgraded the software and worked :smileyvery-happy: thanks
Please use plain text.
odraude
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

HI there guys, I am one more Blackberry lover and also fell in love with my Bold 9900... What a phone! The problem is that after using the handset for no longer than 2 months it started restarting itself sometimes when i plugged it to charge. After that happening a few times the phone started to turn itself off randomly.  Back on after removing the battery. (3/4 times before it died). On Christmas day it turned intself off  and until now will not stay on for more than a few seconds after removing the battery. I have noticed that while plugged via usb to my pc it stays on for as long as i leave it plugged. Remove usb cable and it dies. I have noticed yesterday that the phone will stay on as well if i turn on the camera. Can take as many pictures as i want, for a long as i want. Turn off camera and it will die just like unplugging from usb. (Note that if i plug it to its charger it will still die. Stays on only while plugged to the pc or i have the camera on) Tried reinstalling many different OS versions but still no luck. I'm desperate. Bought the phone without warranty. Any kind soul out there would have any idea what could fix this? Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RG707
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Claro

How did you upgrade the software if the phone was dead? I am experiencing the same problem and I am not able to bring some life to my 9900 after having changing batteries three times.

Please use plain text.