Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: Digi

blackberry bold 9900 cannot turn on

hi, my device cant turn on as it is loading half way.  i tried to remove battery and turn on but cant do so. 

how do i restore my address book from my data, from blackberry protect?

my data is updated but under file bbb.

please help as i need to locate back my address book urgently.  i dont know if i need to send my device for repair or not.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: blackberry bold 9900 cannot turn on

Hi CWLim

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

You have a lot of different questions within your single post Smiley Happy So .. 

CWLim wrote:

my device cant turn on as it is loading half way.  i tried to remove battery and turn on but cant do so. 

There are many possibilities and causes like if  you recently installed any application before this Problem started ? any new application , theme , wallpaper or any recent app update !

If you have then first try to boot your device on Safe Mode , On Safe Mode delete any application which you think might be responsible for this issue , from Options > Device > Application Manegement > locate and delete any newly installed 3rd party application , it might help in resolving your issue :

KB17877 : How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

KB10040  :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

Or if your BlackBerry battery is not good enough to boot your device , have you tried with another battery ? You can try it , it will al least let you know if the problem is within that battery or the device itself . If your battery is good enough then it may be a device issue , on such situation few methods you can try to recover your device , but while doing so you will loose all data from within that device . Refer to those Knowledge Base article and try those methods :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

KB27956  : How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

CWLim wrote:

how do i restore my address book from my data, from blackberry protect?

You can refer to this KB Article on how to restore using BlackBerry Protect website:

KB25063  : How to use BlackBerry Protect to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone

As you can see , BlackBerry protect is meant for backup and restore which can only be done on and from a BlackBerry Smartphone . Currently if you have a non working BlackBerry  then you can't restore those backup locally.

CWLim wrote:

my data is updated but under file bbb.

If you have a previous backup of your device which is stored on your PC as .bbb files then there are few third party software available who can read or extract such files . You can try  : MagicBerry from Mena step  or ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi Prince 2012

Thank you for your replied. My apology for posting too many questions in my post.

My replied as below:-

KB17877 : How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

I am still having trouble to turn on my device as it still load 85% without turn on to safe mode. Had followed the instruction by pressing Escape key but still the same.  After I've completed KB10144, my device can't connect to my pc at all using cable.  Please help!

KB10040  :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

Cannot connect my device to pc using cable.

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Software updated as cable and device are connected to each other.

KB27956  : How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

Device can't connect to pc at all after KB10144.

KB25063  : How to use BlackBerry Protect to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone

Will try later once borrow from a friend.

Please help.  Do i need to sent for repair?

Thanks.

Elite II

Hi CWLim

Have you tried a different USB within your PC , Also are you sure the battery you're using is fully charged or good enough ? 

If you're having problem in connecting then try this method which help most users on such situation :

( Credit JSanders )

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed. BlackBerry desktop software

2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."

4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.

5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.  BlackBerry Software Download Site

Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi Prince2012

My blackberry 9900 still unable to turn on as the loading remain at 85%. Had tried your steps but still at failure. Please assist.

Thanks
Elite II

Hey CWLim

Have you loaded the OS by following the above method ? 

You can also try some third party software like BBSAK or JL_Cmder to completely wipe your device then try loading the OS again .

I hope its not an hardware issue !

New Contributor

Hi Prince2012

Thanks for your replied.  Sorry, i havent tried that as this is more to technical issue.

Think that i have no choice but to sent out for repair since 2 weeks more my phone is down and im losing all my contact list.

I thought with this forum it can helps to solve my problem.  But anyway, thanks for lending hand.

Elite II

Hey CWLim,

I'm sorry for that but please try to understand on those forums we can only advise or resolve issues which are related to any software , if your device is having any hardware problem then we can't do much . On such cases it is always a good idea to get it physically checked by any qualified technician . I'm sure they will able to fix it .

Good luck.

New Contributor

Hi Prince2012

Thanks a lot for your helped.

Elite II

Good luck .. CWLim !

Visit your Service provider and let us know how it goes.